Required Years of Experience
This position is responsible for all Event Sales Management functions to ensure a smooth execution of all catering sales events. The individual executes this role with passion, drive and will find new revenue opportunities while consistently striving to maximize opportunities and promote positive relationships with guests and colleagues. The individual in this position will demonstrate mastery in the sale and execution of catering events, and deliver memorable and enchanting guest service while maintaining financial profitability.
- Implement effective marketing plans for generating catering revenues.
- Work closely with Food & Beverage Director and Executive Chef to sell menus which meet the client's needs and maximize revenues.
- Negotiate, Prepare and write Catering Contracts.
- Prospect, solicit and close new business as well as maintain repeat clients.
- Interact with clients to determine needs and direct staff accordingly. Respond to telephone and walk-in inquiries of potential guests.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations, community/civic activities to maintain awareness within the community and to create booking opportunities.
- Work in conjunction with other departments to ensure functions go according to plan as outlined on the event order (Banquets, Kitchen, Beverage, and Accounting).
- Ensure that all accounting has been properly completed for all groups requesting to be direct billed and collect deposits.
- Give overview of weekly events to staff, sales department, and food and beverage meetings and answer questions.
- Periodically review & adjust catering menus to ensure product and vision consistency.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoots when needed.
- Must have proven selling, negotiating, prospecting and presentation skills. Highly developed customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain financials for business booked and forecasted.
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, proper preparation and presentation of foods and beverage items.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Requires coordinating skills to the extent of determining time, place, and sequence of operations to take place.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including night, weekends and holidays.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards.
- Five years’ experience in Catering Sales/Conference Management.
- Maintains professional standards of dress and grooming which reflect a professional image.
- Knowledge of the Hyatt Envision system is a plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; however, any combination of education and training within luxury hotel Catering, Sales and Convention Services commensurate with this position description will also be considered.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the restaurant. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must have a manual dexterity and coordination to operate restaurant and office equipment and machines. Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Boutique Hotel, Luxury Hotel
Part of QED Hospitality
Since opening in fall 2016, Marsh House has received rave reviews and accolades for its elevated Gulf coast cuisine, stellar wine program and sophisticated craft cocktails. Located on the ground floor of Thompson Nashville in the city’s buzzy Gulch neighborhood, the 150-seat indoor-outdoor eatery showcases an array of seafood offerings, including an oyster and raw bar; as well as exceptional meats and vegetable dishes, sourced from the finest regional farms.