Required Years of Experience
MFG is hiring a passionate, driven hospitality leader to maintain the highest standards of hospitality!
Job Summary: Major Food Group, the team that brought you Carbone, is seeking a passionate and motivated Restaurant & Event Sales Manager to join our team and oversee events at Contessa, our newest property opening at The Newbury Hotel in Boston.
- Work under the direction of the General Manager to manage daily operations of upscale dining restaurant
- Schedule and appoint tasks and responsibilities to staff as directed by the GM
- Ensure policies are upheld
- Offer and inspire exemplary guest service
- Other responsibilities to ensure ease of operations
- Generate large business leads through proactive outreach to new clients and respond to incoming inquiries for large format dinners and events at the properties
- Responsible for maintenance and development of the social events market and large-scale events market.
- Work on the Contessa management team and The Newbury Boston sales team to maximize event revenue, and to streamline logistics for a seamless guest experience.
- Liaise with clients throughout the booking and planning process by negotiating pricing and estimates, generating contracts, securing payment details, etc
- Follow department and company procedures to ensure confirmed events are communicated to appropriate internal & external teams.
- Work with clients for confirmed events on their customized menu options, beverage details, floorplans, room set up notes, run of show and all specifics pertaining to their event.
- Maintain and constantly update event information in our catering software program to generate BEO's
- Participate in weekly meetings with chefs and managers to communicate all catering details for events
- Problem solve and creatively drive sales goals
- Communicate in an organized and timely manner all of the logistics and specifics of the party to on-site management and provide on-site support for events where necessary to ensure proper execution of all event details
- Provide assistance with special projects as assigned adhering to deadlines.
- Act as an ambassador to Major Food Group Culture.
- Minimum 1-3 years in a management role in the Restaurant/Hospitality Industry
- Must have a strong desire to “Be the Best”
- Must have a successful sales track record in direct sales and an ability to develop targeted prospect databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Business, or related field preferred
- Culinary certificate or comparable experience working in culinary roles preferred
- Previous experience performing new restaurant opening responsibilities such as training and motivating new employees into a high-performing team and implementing new systems, policies, and procedures strongly preferred
- Proven team player willing to roll up your sleeves - a good leader should be willing and able to do whatever he or she asks of their team!
- Must exemplify the highest standards in honesty, integrity, humility and leadership
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to interact with high profile and high net worth clients
- Needs to be able to multitask, work well under pressure and succeed in a face paced environment
- Proficient in Excel, Indesign, Illustrator and Tripleseat is preferred but not required
We offer competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, TransitChek discount, Team Member Referral program, a generous dining program, and progressive paid time off. We offer many opportunities for growth and development for those who show long-term commitment to their role and MFG.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Major Food Group considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Major Food Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Dining Discounts