Required Years of Experience
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Delicious Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble, the women-first social networking app, and Delicious Hospitality Group, the brand behind popular restaurants Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, and Legacy Records, are looking for an Executive Sous Chef to join our new Bumble Brew team. Bumble Brew is an all-day café and wine bar coming to New York City’s bustling Soho neighborhood in 2021.
Actively work to ensure the culinary excellence of Bumble Brew while building a high-performance team
- Collaborate with the Culinary team to create new menu items that are aligned with the strategic direction of the business.
- Guide sous chefs and line cooks in executing new menu items
- Ensure that menu items are priced to maximize profitability while maintaining quality and value for guests.
- Develop systems utilizing Plate IQ to bring further clarity and understanding to the team of food cost and menu pricing to maximize financial value and profit for the restaurant.
- Develop strategies for increasing Caviar sales through creative menu development and driving a high performance team during service.
- Actively work with back of house managers to create consistent and enriching work experiences for all BOH hourly team members to continue an environment of training, learning and coaching.
- Ensure that all employees are trained and knowledgeable in all aspects of service, while holding team members accountable for their specific job responsibilities to the standards of Charlie Bird.
Guide the entire back of house in upholding the excellence and efficiency of the business operations, food preparation, and service.
- Control spending by reviewing all non-essential purchases with the General Manager, Sous Chef and any other appropriate members of the back of house management team.
- Create and maintain a system for effective, accurate and timely invoicing and monthly inventory.
- Work to optimize the quality and pricing structure of food purchases and ensure the highest quality ingredients are always procured at the best value.
- Work with Sous Chef team to develop systems and processes that maximize quality and operational efficiency.
- Leads the entire management team in compliance with the entire Health Department code with assistance from the General Manager to ensure an “A” letter grade on all sanitary inspections. Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- Guides the back of house management team in ensuring the back of house is consistently clean and organized to both DOH and Bumble Brew standards.
- Maintain the excellence of all BOH areas by working with the BOH team to address R&M issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish and maintain appropriate staffing levels and execute the weekly BOH schedule, with a focus on understanding scheduling, payroll and labor costs (including, but not limited to overtime, spread of hours, call in pay, etc)
- Work closely with the Culinary Operations Chef to ensure the proper execution of all Bumble Brew Private Dining Events and Buyouts.
Work closely with both FOH and BOH management teams to create structure and streamlining in communications.
- Maintain strong internal communication with management team and staff at the unit level. Work closely with the General Manager to ensure the smooth execution of daily service.
- Maintain positive working relationships with dining room leaders and team members throughout service.
- Educate dining room service staff on all aspects of food, menu & culinary procedures. Communicate daily menu changes to the FOH team.
- Able to lift 30+ lbs.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire team members to meet and exceed standards.
- Polished personal presentation: Grooming meets Company standards, as outlined by Employee Handbook.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule, per the needs of the business.
- Able to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously and for extended periods as required to perform essential job functions.
- Able to withstand fluctuations in temperature within work environment, from high heat to below freezing.
- Ability to perform essential job functions under pressure, maintain professionalism when working under stress.
- Ability to utilize traditional computer programs such as Gmail, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Paycom, and any additional systems; Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Must have considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of Company are met.
- Ensure that all staff are compliant with Company policies and procedures, as well as city, state and federal laws.
- Organize and/or attend mandatory meetings including executive meetings, chef meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Director of Culinary Operations
- Maintains knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Develop and maintain a culture of inclusive excellence and workplace dignity.
- Cultivate a work environment that is safety-first, kind, and encourages personal and professional growth.
Work Experience Requirements
- At least 2 years of sous chef experience in a similar caliber concept required
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts, or similar subject
- Holds NY Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Food Protection Certificate
What you’ll be part of – Bumble Brew:
Bumble Brew will combine the convenience of a casual coffee house by day with the ambiance of an intimate wine bar and lounge at night. Every morning, guests may enjoy a selection of baked goods, savory bites, and espresso drinks and teas. The space will later transition into a wine bar, with pasta and small plates as the restaurant’s central focus. Time spent at Bumble Brew, even if it's ordering a cup of coffee to-go, will leave people feeling as they do on the Bumble app: welcome, respected, and included. Bumble Brew will serve as a space that brings purpose and community to daily life.
Compensation: Salary ($70,000.00 - $75,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits
Advanced Knife Skills
Up to 200 Covers a Night
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cafe, Wine Bar
Part of Delicious Hospitality Group
Bumble (the women-first social networking app) and Delicious Hospitality Group (Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, and Legacy Records), are teaming up to bring New York City an all-day café, wine bar, and private event space in Soho - opening July 2021!
Bumble Brew will combine the convenience of a casual coffee house by day with the ambiance of an intimate wine bar and lounge at night.
Every morning, guests may enjoy a selection of baked goods, savory bites, carefully sourced coffee and teas from the team behind the cafe program at Easy Viktor. The space will later transition into a wine bar, with house-made pasta and small plates you've come to expect from the Delicious Hospitality team.
Time spent at Bumble Brew, even if it's ordering a cup of coffee to-go, will leave people feeling as they do on the Bumble app: welcome, respected, and included. Bumble Brew will serve as a space that brings purpose and community to daily life.