Required Years of Experience
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Delicious Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble, the women-first social networking app, and Delicious Hospitality Group, the brand behind popular restaurants Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, and Legacy Records, are looking for a Line Cook to join our new Bumble Brew team. Bumble Brew is an all-day café and wine bar coming to New York City’s bustling Soho neighborhood in 2021.
Bumble Brew & DHG Policies and Guidelines
- Arrive on time and shift ready for all scheduled shifts. Arrive to work following dress code guidelines and standards.
- Clock in and out for each scheduled shift and shift break. Exhibit accurate and effective use of time and attendance portals and procedures.
- Abide by all Bumble Brew and Delicious Hospitality Group (DHG) policies and guidelines.
Constant command of station, food preparation, station responsibilities & service
- Stay up to date on menu knowledge and mise-en-place for the station. Show knowledge of recipes and station set-up for station assigned during service.
- Execute all daily preparation and mise en place. Ensure all mise-en-place is of the highest quality.
- Ensure all recipes are followed and presented per the standards of Bumble Brew.
- Consistently execute preparation of all items for the station with speed and accuracy. Practice proper seasoning techniques.
- Ability to perform consistently during service and prepare each dish to the standards of Bumble Brew.
- Demonstrate cleanliness on station both before, during and after service.
- Work with all team members to effectively open/close the kitchen each day to the appropriate DOH standards.
- Effectively prepare all required dishes in a timely manner for specific service period.
Teamwork, Communication, and Timing
- Maintain an understanding of the flow of service.
- Exhibit effective communication techniques with both teammates and sous chefs before, during and after service.
- Understand the ticketing and call-back system.
- Understand timing of service and is able to put food up in tandem with other stations.
Mise-en-place and Station Maintenance
- Act as part of the team to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the kitchen both before, during and after service.
- Reliably complete all assigned mise-en-place and tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) standards.
- Exhibit knowledge and use of FIFO (First in, First Out).
- Properly label all food items in keeping with DOH standards.
- Able to lift 30+ lbs.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Polished personal presentation: Grooming meets Company standards, as outlined by Employee Handbook.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule, per the needs of the business.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously and for extended periods as required to perform essential job functions.
- Able to withstand fluctuations in temperature within work environment, from high heat to below freezing.
- Ability to perform essential job functions when working under stress, in fast-paced environment.
- Develop and maintain a culture of inclusive excellence and workplace dignity.
- Cultivate a work environment that is safety-first, kind, and encourages personal and professional growth.
Work Experience Requirements
- 1+ year experience required, preferably in a full-time line cook position in a similar caliber concept
- High School diploma or GED
What you’ll be part of – Bumble Brew:
Bumble Brew will combine the convenience of a casual coffee house by day with the ambiance of an intimate wine bar and lounge at night. Every morning, guests may enjoy a selection of baked goods, savory bites, and espresso drinks and teas. The space will later transition into a wine bar, with pasta and small plates as the restaurant’s central focus. Time spent at Bumble Brew, even if it's ordering a cup of coffee to-go, will leave people feeling as they do on the Bumble app: welcome, respected, and included. Bumble Brew will serve as a space that brings purpose and community to daily life.
Compensation: Hourly ($18.00 - $20.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits
Strong Knife Skills
Pasta Dough Making
Up to 200 Covers a Night
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cafe, Wine Bar
Part of Delicious Hospitality Group
Bumble (the women-first social networking app) and Delicious Hospitality Group (Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, and Legacy Records), are teaming up to bring New York City an all-day café, wine bar, and private event space in Soho - opening July 2021!
Bumble Brew will combine the convenience of a casual coffee house by day with the ambiance of an intimate wine bar and lounge at night.
Every morning, guests may enjoy a selection of baked goods, savory bites, carefully sourced coffee and teas from the team behind the cafe program at Easy Viktor. The space will later transition into a wine bar, with house-made pasta and small plates you've come to expect from the Delicious Hospitality team.
Time spent at Bumble Brew, even if it's ordering a cup of coffee to-go, will leave people feeling as they do on the Bumble app: welcome, respected, and included. Bumble Brew will serve as a space that brings purpose and community to daily life.