Required Years of Experience
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Delicious Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble, the women-first social networking app, and Delicious Hospitality Group, the brand behind popular restaurants Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, and Legacy Records, are looking for a Porter to join our new Bumble Brew team. Bumble Brew is an all-day café and wine bar coming to New York City’s bustling Soho neighborhood in 2021.
Bumble Brew & DHG Policies and Guidelines
- Arrive on time and shift ready for all scheduled shifts. Arrive to work following dress code guidelines and standards.
- Clock in and out for each scheduled shift and shift break. Exhibit accurate and effective use of time and attendance portals and procedures.
- Abide by all Bumble Brew and Delicious Hospitality Group (DHG) policies and guidelines.
Execution and management of daily responsibilities
- Inspect all product upon delivery, ensuring order accuracy and quality.
- Help unload and properly store deliveries upon arrival.
- Ensure dry goods are stocked according to Bumble Brew guidelines.
- Maintain cleanliness of prep kitchen, walk-in, dry storage, and upstairs storage space.
- Work with Back of House (BOH) team to maintain appropriate food rotation (FIFO) to ensure maximum freshness of food items.
- Ensures that we meet DOH regulations as reflected in inspections.
- Dispose of all trash, cardboard, etc. as needed throughout shift: Empties trash cans from all kitchen areas throughout the shift.
Work with the BOH team to execute additional responsibilities
- Continue to support the team by performing prep duties once AM receiving is complete.
- Expand prep skill set by assisting with other stations when needed.
- Able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Polished personal presentation: Grooming meets Company standards, as outlined by Employee Handbook.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule, per the needs of the business.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously and for extended periods as required to perform essential job functions.
- Able to withstand fluctuations in temperature within work environment, from high heat to below freezing.
- Ability to perform essential job functions when working under stress, in fast-paced environment.
- Must have skill in intermediate math, including simple algebraic equations.
- Develop and maintain a culture of inclusive excellence and workplace dignity.
- Cultivate a work environment that is safety-first, kind, and encourages personal and professional growth.
Work Experience Requirements
- 2+ years’ experience required in full-time porter position for similar caliber concept
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Holds NY Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Food Protection Certificate, preferred
What you’ll be part of – Bumble Brew:
Bumble Brew will combine the convenience of a casual coffee house by day with the ambiance of an intimate wine bar and lounge at night. Every morning, guests may enjoy a selection of baked goods, savory bites, and espresso drinks and teas. The space will later transition into a wine bar, with pasta and small plates as the restaurant’s central focus. Time spent at Bumble Brew, even if it's ordering a cup of coffee to-go, will leave people feeling as they do on the Bumble app: welcome, respected, and included. Bumble Brew will serve as a space that brings purpose and community to daily life.
Compensation: Hourly ($16.00 - $18.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits
Daily Cleaning Tasks
Lift Up to 50 Lbs
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cafe, Wine Bar
Part of Delicious Hospitality Group
Bumble (the women-first social networking app) and Delicious Hospitality Group (Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, and Legacy Records), are teaming up to bring New York City an all-day café, wine bar, and private event space in Soho - opening July 2021!
Bumble Brew will combine the convenience of a casual coffee house by day with the ambiance of an intimate wine bar and lounge at night.
Every morning, guests may enjoy a selection of baked goods, savory bites, carefully sourced coffee and teas from the team behind the cafe program at Easy Viktor. The space will later transition into a wine bar, with house-made pasta and small plates you've come to expect from the Delicious Hospitality team.
Time spent at Bumble Brew, even if it's ordering a cup of coffee to-go, will leave people feeling as they do on the Bumble app: welcome, respected, and included. Bumble Brew will serve as a space that brings purpose and community to daily life.