Required Years of Experience
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Executive Sous Chef to help facilitate food production and execution, workplace organization, team leadership. Our ideal candidate has a commitment to our core values of excellence, respect, transparency, and resilience.
- Supports the running and management of the savory food program eg: scheduling, ordering, training, quality control and consistency
- Acts as a mentor for all savory food staff, assisting in their training and development
- Demonstrates the ability to work and lead in a team-driven environment, takes and gives direction effectively
- Collaborates with the Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef on the creation of new items and menu development
- Has a depth of knowledge and general passion for all aspects cooking: from sourcing of ingredients, cooking techniques, setting up stations
- Ability to step into the Chef de Cuisine’s role in their absence
Requirements for Success:
- Ability to follow recipes and techniques
- Willingness to learn new recipes
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate – fluency with Microsoft Office
- 1+ years of similar kitchen experience
- 1+ years of management experience
At Matter House our purpose is to create an inspiring, sustainable and prosperous business that brings joy, takes care of others, and helps build community through craftmanship around the table. Our company culture supports the growth and development of our employees and provides opportunities for education and advancement.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Food Handler Certificate
Ordering / Purchasing
Team Development and Training
100 Covers Per Night
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cafe, Bakery / Patisserie, Upscale Casual, Restaurant Group
Part of Matter House
Lodi takes its inspiration from the timeless tradition of the Italian caffè: open throughout the day, where every item is executed with subtle care. It’s a place you always feel the urge to stop by. A light breakfast might feature a cornetto and cappuccino, while a simple lunch a porchetta panino and ricciarelli cookie. The early afternoon, meanwhile, may call for a sweet snack—perhaps a babà al rum—before the evening gives way to perfect spritzes and plates of polpettine and peppers and capers.
Flour will be freshly milled, and breads baked throughout the day. These signature pane and confections will reflect the caffè’s elegant, urbane, quietly indulgent spirit.