Required Years of Experience
We are seeking Front of House Concession Stand Workers to join our Citi Field Concession Team.
These are seasonal, high-volume hourly food service positions and our ideal candidates are not only enthusiastic, but highly motivated and passionate about hospitality, food and beverage. You will work with the Union Square Sports & Entertainment team at Citi Field, home of the New York Mets. Concessions include: Shake Shack, Blue Smoke, El Verano Taqueria, Box Frites and Papa Rosso
•Suites Food Runner
• 1+ years previous food service experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication • Cash handling experience required • Knowledge of concession-style food, service, and beverage programs • Knowledge of basic cooking techniques • Knowledge of DOH policies and practices • Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days, nights and weekends • Ability to stand, reach with arms and hands, bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch more than 50% of the time
• Ability to repeatedly lift heavy objects ranging from 10 to 50lbs
• Must be able to work in environments with fluctuating temperatures
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
USHG is proud to offer all qualified employees a package of employee benefits including; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Transit Discount program, 401k, Flexible Spending, Direct Deposit, Corporate Fitness Discount programs and an Employee Dining Program.
- Medical: Each of our PPO plans is designed to help you meet your healthcare needs and manage expenses for you (and your dependents) including the option to use in-network or out-of network providers. Our medical insurance offers three different options to employees with USHG sharing the cost of the premium with enrolled employees.
- Dental Insurance: USHG offers two dental policies: an in-network plan, and an out-of-network plan. We cover 100% of the cost of the “In Network” Plan for you (an individual plan) or we will apply a set dollar amount per month to the cost of your plan if you choose to add dependants or to go out-of-network using the Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan.
- Vision: USHG offers a supplemental vision insurance program. The in-network plan includes an annual eye exam and a pair of glasses or set of contacts.
- Transit Program: All employees are eligible to elect to set aside pre-tax dollars each month toward the cost of commuting. You may choose up to the Federal Allowed maximum per month and these elections are deducted pre-tax. As a result you will pay less in taxes each year.
- 401(k) Plan: USHG offers a voluntary retirement investment plan that allows you to defer a portion of your income and use pre-tax dollars to save for your retirement. All employees who are 21 years of age or older may elect to participate after 12 months of continuous employment.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: All employees who have completed 12 months of continuous, full-time employment may elect to set up Flexible Spending Accounts in January of each year. Flexible Spending Accounts allow employees to defer pre-tax income to pay for certain eligible expenses including health care costs not covered by health insurance, transportation to work, and qualified child care expenses. Flexible Spending allows you to increase the income you take home by reducing the amount of taxes you pay for qualified expenses.
- Direct Deposit: We offer direct deposit of paychecks to your financial institution at no cost to you. You may sign up for direct deposit at any time.
- Corporate Discount Programs: As a USHG employee, you can get a discounted rate at area gyms and massage services. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to stay healthy and strong!
- Employee Dining Program: Through this program, we hope to make dining in our restaurants a reality for all our employees. The program starts out as a discount program and adds Dining Dollars over time.
Compensation: Hourly (Hourly)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
In 2009, Union Square Events partnered with the Citi Field to design, operate, and oversee unique hospitality offerings to elevate the ballpark fan experience.
Home to the New York Mets, Citi Field, seats approximately 45,000 fans and is located in Queens, NY. You can find our four original concepts and Union Square Hospitality Group-licensed restaurants in Taste of the City, located behind center field.