Required Years of Experience
• As the Payroll System expert, communicates with the CPO on any system-related issues, updates, requests, or modifications. Develops an in-depth understanding of payroll software and HRIS.
• Schedules and leads training as needed (to Managers, staff) to ensure compliance and full utilization of the Payroll system. First point of contact for payroll related questions.
• Responsible for timely, accurately, and compliantly processing weekly payroll. Audit and process payroll documents (payroll debit cards, pay rates, missing punches, missing tips etc.).
• Employee Service: Responds to any payroll and pay card issues and resolves in a timely manner.
• Maintains vacation accrual records and ensures vacation time is properly coded to payroll.
• Working with the CPO, submits change requests to HCM vendor, and manages follow-up, testing, and training.
• Creates reports as requested from HR and Accounting
• Maintains vendor contact for payroll
• As the Employee Benefits expert, communicates with the CPO on any system-related issues, administers all employee & volunteer benefit programs such as medical, dental, vision and 401k retirement programs.
• Employee Service: Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes. Responds to benefits inquiries on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, and status changes.
• Vendor Management: Works with HR benefit partners for escalated support needs, including but not limited to COBRA, retirement administration, and HRIS data integrity.
• Employee Education: Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits plans.
• Data Integrity: Ensures the accuracy of all benefit enrollments and provides vendors with accurate eligibility information. Updates HRIS database with new and changing information; ensures accuracy and integrity of information. Responsible for employee benefit file maintenance and storage retention requirements.
• Employee Leaves: Works with the CPO in effectively interpreting FMLA and ADA implications (and other required programs, FFCRA etc.) as they relate to pay, leaves of absences/disabilities.
• Employee Termination: Properly record, track, and administer the steps needed to comply with COBRA law and appropriately deliver continuation of employee benefits
• Develop in-depth understanding of HRIS and all vendor enrollment systems and websites. Create reports on request.
General HR duties/Recruiting
• Participates in the new employee onboarding experience, works with the CPO on suggestions and changes to make the process more streamlined for management and employees.
• Ensure all required reporting, forms, and posters are up to date and maintained accurately.
• Oversee the process for employee data for new hires, changes, additional earnings, etc. Prepares and maintains employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance, and confidentiality.
• Assists employees in registering for or resetting access to the online portal.
• Manages all recruiting postings as requested
• Manages all job boards
• Working with the Director of Operations creates and manages SOP for recruiting
Knowledge of human resource laws and regulations.
Knowledge of HCM management.
Knowledge of Applicant Tracking System management.
Knowledge of payroll administration.
Knowledge of benefits programs including health insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, unemployment regulations, 401k & Defined Benefit plans, COBRA, etc. Understanding of human resource policies and programs. Thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations related to benefits administration.
• Three to five years of experience in human resources.
• Knowledge of HRIS/HCM management.
• Restaurant payroll experience.
• HCM conversion experience a plus
• Benefits EDI feed experience a plus
• Spanish language a plus
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Significant level of diplomacy and trust. Excellent oral and written communication abilities. Excellent judgment and decision-making skills. Solid interpersonal abilities. Excellent presentation and organizational skills. Ability to write clear, concise emails, facilitate meetings and give presentations.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts, Paid sick days and paid Parental Leave