Required Years of Experience
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Pastry Cook to join, collaborate with, and contribute to our enthusiastic team. Our ideal candidate has a commitment to our core values of excellence, respect, transparency and resilience.
Requirements for Success:
- Possess a passion for pastry, inquisitive mind, and an eye for quality
- Committed to mastering the techniques of producing pastries at the very highest level
- Strives for continuous improvement and is eager to learn and grow
- Maintains a positive attitude and works effectively as a member of a team
- Has a general passion and understanding for all aspects of the baking process
- Works cleanly and efficiently
- Ability to follow recipes and techniques
- Familiarity with bakery equipment: stone mill, mixers, sheeter, proofer/retarders, ovens, etc.
- 1+ years of applicable pastry experience
At Matter House our purpose is to create an inspiring, sustainable and prosperous business that brings joy, takes care of others, and helps build community through craftmanship around the table. Our company culture supports the growth and development of our employees and provides opportunities for education and advancement.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws
Compensation: Hourly ($18.00 - $25.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cafe, Bakery / Patisserie, Upscale Casual, Restaurant Group
Part of Matter House
Lodi takes its inspiration from the timeless tradition of the Italian caffè: open throughout the day, where every item is executed with subtle care. It’s a place you always feel the urge to stop by. A light breakfast might feature a cornetto and cappuccino, while a simple lunch a porchetta panino and ricciarelli cookie. The early afternoon, meanwhile, may call for a sweet snack—perhaps a babà al rum—before the evening gives way to perfect spritzes and plates of polpettine and peppers and capers.
Flour will be freshly milled, and breads baked throughout the day. These signature pane and confections will reflect the caffè’s elegant, urbane, quietly indulgent spirit.