Required Years of Experience
The Line Cook is responsible for assisting the Head Chef to prepare and service food in the kitchen at Blue Hill. The position is based out of Manhattan. Additional responsibilities include participating in meetings with the Head Chef to plan, prepare and service food items.
- High school diploma and/or one year of restaurant experience preferred
- Past experience in food preparation, including the use of kitchen equipment and of cooking procedures and methods
- Able to multitask in discrete time periods and to maintain a flexible schedule
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Works well in a team
- Attention to cleanliness and health and safety protocols, including knowledge of applicable fire, health, and
- safety codes, rules, and regulations and enhanced COVID-19 protocols (a Food Handlers Certificate or ServSafe Certification is a plus)
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Blue Hill Farm
The original Blue Hill restaurant, opened in 2000, is located in Greenwich Village, New York City. Hidden three steps below street level, the restaurant occupies a landmark speakeasy just off of Washington Square Park.
Blue Hill's menu showcases local food and a wine list with producers who respect artisanal techniques. Ingredients come from nearby farms, including Blue Hill Farm in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, and Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture, a forty-five minute drive from New York City. Guests can choose from the four-course "Tasting Menu" or opt for the "Farmer's Feast," a six-course tasting inspired by the week's harvest.