Required Years of Experience
HIRING LINE COOKS at OSTERIA MORINI SOHO
HIRING IMMEDIATELY -Seeking passionate, professional, fun-loving line cooks for Osteria Morini. Well-established Soho favorite Osteria Morini, from famed, award winning hospitality group (Michelin-Starred Marea, Ai Fiori) is looking for fun-loving, energetic, and passionate line cooks to join the team. Osteria Morini offers employees the opportunity to work with quality Italian cuisine & wine/spirits, a respectful, safe, professional work environment, and a culinary team uniquely invested in the growth and success of all team members..
- Serve as key member of a talented and diverse culinary team and restaurant, preparing and executing the menu at direction of Chefs with utmost quality and precision
- Learn and handle the various stations (Garde manger, pasta, grill, sauté, pastry), which includes preparing and cleaning stations properly, stocking stations adequately for service, and communicating actively with Chefs and colleagues to facilitate smooth and efficient kitchen
- Work in a high volume and intensity kitchen and work environment and be able to handle rigors of busy services while maintaining quality and consistency
- Support other areas of the kitchen as needed, and be able and willing to assist teammates in the kitchen as needed, including handling duties of other stations
- Maintain clean restaurant and adhere strictly to all COVID-19 health and safety standards
- At least 1 year of relevant restaurant and culinary experience preferred, though not required
- Genuine passion for cooking and learning new skills
- Highly organized, productive, and able to work meticulously in a high-intensity kitchen / work environment
- Energetic and friendly personality, with strong willingness and ability to work as part of a cohesive team and to support colleagues regardless of role
- Willingness to take direction from Chefs, embrace change and innovation, and to learn and adapt to new systems, service steps and health and cleaning procedures
- Broad and flexible availability to work – AM/PM service and prep/production
- Physical requirements include: ability to lift and carry items up to 50lbs, and to stand, walk up and down stairs, and exert well-paced mobility for extended period of time
Altamarea Group offers COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION and medical, dental, and vision benefits after 90 days of employment for full time employees. If you are interested in joining the Osteria Morini team, please submit your resume! Attachments that cannot be opened will not be considered.
Altamarea Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Advanced Knife Skills
Charcuterie and Cheese Board Making
Basic Knife Skills
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Altamarea Group
Osteria Morini introduced New York to the soulful cuisine and convivial spirit of the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy when it opened in 2010. The region’s central city is Bologna, most commonly recognized as the home of Maserati and Luciano Pavarotti, but Emilia-Romagna, known as the Italian Breadbasket, is also the birthplace of flavors and ingredients commonly associated with Italian cuisine worldwide: prosciutto, mortadella, parmigiano, and balsamic vinegar.
In Italian, “osteria” means a place where the owner “hosts” guests. Our 98-seat restaurant, located on Petrosino Square at the crossroads of Little Italy and Soho, offers lunch, dinner, and brunch for a taste of Italy at any point throughout the day.
Morini's menus offer a versatile selection of smaller plates and larger composed platters. Guests are encouraged to begin their meal with a variety of Affettati (sliced meats), antipasti and other small starters to share. White’s signature pasta offerings include a variety of traditional ragus and stuffed pastas from Emilia-Romagna. Meats have a starring role in the Pietanze (entrees) such as Petroniana, veal cutlet, Prosciutto di Parma, truffled cream and buttered spinach; and Carne ai Ferri (simply grilled meats and spit roasts). The wine list includes over 130 affordable wine selections focusing on the north central regions of Liguria, Umbria, Tuscany, Southern Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna and Le Marche, with sparkling wines like prosecco and lambrusco strongly represented.
Altamarea Group dismantled and shipped components from an Italian 1700s-era farmhouse to create such unique decor as the restaurant’s terracotta floor and timbers from the original building to line the ceiling at Morini. The large cast iron door of the farmhouse greets diners as they enter and the doors leading to the restrooms are the original doors from the farmhouse bedrooms. The semi-open kitchen invites guests to watch the action as their meal unfolds.