Required Years of Experience
COSME , located in Flatiron New York City, serving Mexican-inspired cuisine and owned by World-renowned Chef Enrique Olvera is currently seeking a Polisher to join their team.
Some responsibilities include , but are not limited to:
- Receive, wash, and polish glassware.
- Run plates and silverware bus bins downstairs to the dishwasher.
- Bring clean dishes and flatware upstairs to the service station.
- Polish and restock stemware & flatware throughout service
- Restocks dining room with china, silverware, glassware, utensils, condiments and linen, and maintains adequate supplies in the workstations when dining room is open.
- Fold napkins and make extra place settings.
- Stock shelves, racks, tables and service stations with new or transferred supplies
- Minimun 1 year similar experience in a fine dining, high volume restaurant
- Must be able to follow direction and communicate effectively
- Strong work ethic with a keen sense of urgency
- Impeccable service standards and attention to detail
- Must have open availability , weekends a must .
*Flexible scheduling - Full time and Part Time positions , and lunch and dinner shifts available
*Meal discounts - Enjoy meal discounts when dining as a guest with friends and family at a discounted rate
*Paid time off - Offered to support our team in having an active life outside of work
*Health Insurance - Medical, Dental, and Vision Offered to eligible staff
*Transit Check - Eligible employees can use their pre-tax dollars to pay and save on commuting expenses
*Holiday Observance - We know the importance of celebrating holidays with friends and family . We are closed for business on July 4th , Thanksgiving , Christmas Day, and New Years day .
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Casamata
As world-renowned Chef Enrique Olvera’s first American foray, Cosme, in the Flatiron District, serves contemporary dishes inspired by Mexican cuisine that artfully adapt to using local ingredients.
The menu is designed for shared plates of botanas, and the relaxed atmosphere encourages guests to order spontaneously and let conversations linger. In addition to the main dining room, Cosme also encompasses a bar room, as well as a private dining room for up to 12 guests.
Named after a market in Mexico City where Olvera’s grandfather took him as a child, Cosme evokes a strong sense of place. The restaurant embraces its “New Yorkness” by offering dishes created with a Mexican framework and soul but adapted with local and seasonal ingredients.
Cosme provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.