Required Years of Experience
Cook II: First, learn pantry-side cooking during service hours and then advance to grill/hot-side line training, including reading orders, food presentation and executing menu items in a timely manner. Once familiar with the correct processes for the kitchen, you will be able to propose some of the dishes and preparations to the week's menu and to show to all kitchen employees the most accurate method of execution, always focusing on teamwork and the chef's instructions.
Cook II Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Practice proper food storage principles.
- Understand and exhibit proper Garde-Manger skills to enhance appearance of food items.
- Maintain a constantly safe, clean and sanitary work environment.
- Prepare foods efficiently according to recipes and/or house standards.
- Identify, handle and prep various meats and fish to specifications.
- Consistently prepare line items in a timely manner with ease and efficiency.
- Exhibit initiative and positive leadership skills.
- Commitment to honesty, integrity, safety, professionalism, pride, teamwork and fun.
Cook II Qualifications:
- Possess a sound understanding of culinary terminology.
- Understand and carry out detailed written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to learn and handle kitchen cutlery efficiently and safely.
- Ability to identify and safely use kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Exhibit supervisory role when needed, exhibiting professional appearance and attitude.
- Understanding of nutrition, portion control, costing and elimination of food waste.
- Ability to retain information as relayed by Supervisor.
- Ability to operate all kitchen equipment safely.
- Ability to work in a team environment, but without distraction.
- Follow kitchen grooming standards to the letter.
- Leave workstation surgically clean at the end of shift.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required walk, use hands, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear.
- Must be able to move objects up to approximately 40 pounds about the workplace safely.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Seasonal Benefits: ***Complimentary Season Lift Pass*** for Mountain Biking, Hiking, Sightseeing. Access to our Ice Rinks, Bowling Alley, Driving Range, and Putting Green. Discounts on Restaurants, Retail Shops, Spa/Salon, Rental Equipment, Trail Rides,