Required Years of Experience
Join us for this exciting opening!
Michelin Star Chef Alain Verzeroli seeks inspired culinary and hospitality professionals to join his pre-opening team of Le Jardinier at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston.
Chef Verzeroli spent 20 years at the helm of Chef Joel Robuchon’s Le Chateau in Tokyo, maintaining a 3 star rating from the Michelin Guide, with a prior history of iconic restaurants like Chef Alain Passard’s 3 star l’Arpege.
Le Jardinier Houston brings the vegetable-rich cuisine and classic French approach of sister restaurants, Le Jardinier Miami and Michelin Star Chef Alain Verzeroli seeks inspired culinary and hospitality professionals to join his pre-opening team of Le Jardinier at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston.
See the latest Eater article on our opening:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable Bartender to join our exceptional team of service leaders.
This role is responsible for always providing prompt and friendly food and beverage service to our guests by following the standards of the Restaurant Brand.
• Accurately and efficiently prepares and serves alcoholic or soft drink beverages behind the bar, including our all cocktail recipes and wine selections, and provides service to our guests wishing to dine at the bar.
• Responsible for beverage service of all areas of the bar and dining room.
• Act as the ultimate ambassador of the restaurant’s cuisine and culture to our guests.
• Sets the stage for the experience a guest will have and will be responsible for the guest experience by providing prompt,
attentive table service and by being all - knowing regarding our menu, beverage, and wine offerings.
• Is energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated and passionate about hospitality, food and beverage.
• The person will be a role model for the restaurant and accountable for the action taken.
• Works with a strong attention to detail and directs the activities of their support staff to ensure an unparalleled dining experience.
• Proper set-up and break-down, inventory of supplies, and cleanliness of the bar area.
• Maintains accurate cash drawer
• Participates in weekly bar inventory
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a restaurant or establishment of similar caliber.
• High School Diploma, or equivalent level of education, required (Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure)
• Must be knowledgeable on a wide range of cocktail recipes, wine varietals, craft beers, and non-alcoholic beverages.
• Applicants must be guest-service focused, friendly and outgoing, hardworking, team-oriented, and able to perform with detail and finesse.
• Food Handlers Safety Certificate Preferred
• Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the restaurant in a timely basis.
• Must have manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule. (including nights, weekends, and holidays)
• We seek individuals who pursue this career as a passion and a profession.
• The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of restaurant experience.
Bastion Hospitality LLC –is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Bastion Hospitality, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Employees must maintain the confidentiality of all company and customer information and must not discuss such matters outside of Bastion Hospitality, LLC. Tact and discretion must be used in all dealings with all customers and potential customers to maintain a positive image of Bastion Hospitality, LLC.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of The Bastion Collection
Michelin Star Chef Alain Verzeroli seeks individuals with strong work ethic and passion for hospitality to join his service team at Le Jardinier @ MFAH
Opening in May at MFAH’s new Kinder Building is Le Jardinier, a French restaurant with chef Alain Verzeroli leading the kitchen. Vezreroli comes to Houston after 20 years of working alongside vaunted chef Joel Robuchon at iconic restaurants like Arpege, and will oversee a menu of “vegetable-rich” dishes made with locally sourced organic produce and meats. The restaurant’s open-air patio will offer views of the museum’s sculpture garden.