Required Years of Experience
About the Company:
Kitchfix is a leading, Chicago-based foodservice company comprised of a local meal delivery, catering, and nationwide managed performance foodservice. At Kitchfix, we combine our passion for delicious food with high standards for ingredients and sourcing. Kitchfix emerged as a leader in Chicago with an innovative and multi-faceted approach to foodservice, focused on transparency in sourcing, nutrition, and chef-crafted menus. Our mission is to help people better their bodies and minds through trustworthy, delicious meals and snacks, and to change the way people eat healthy, convenient food in Chicago.
The Prep Cook position is responsible for assisting the Kitchen Manager and cook stations to prepare meals according to Kitchfix standards.
- Prepare food items and ingredients needed for menu items according to prescribed recipes and special requests in a high-volume kitchen
- Produce delicious and well-executed food that aligns with the nutritional mission
- Maintain the highest standards for food safety and cleanliness
- Be a participant in an active and well-organized production kitchen
- Positively contribute to the work environment and make every effort to improve each day
- Experience working in high-volume food production
- Able to stand and work with your hands for 8 hours at a time
- Possess a strong sense of urgency
- Strong knife skills
- Experience with large batch cooking
- Possess a team-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Show a willingness to learn from others
- Spanish fluency is a plus
Times make change based on daily production-
- Monday- 7am – 2pm
- Tuesday- 7am – 2pm
- Thursday- 7am – 2pm
- Saturday- 7am – 2pm
- Sunday- 7am – 2pm
Kitchfix Total Rewards Package:
- Comprehensive benefit package- medical, dental, vision, health savings account, flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Healthy lunch served daily
- Opportunity to have an impact on Kitchfix’s growth
Kitchfix is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity and creating a place of belonging. Kitchfix does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any legally protected characteristic.
Compensation: Hourly ($16.50)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Health Savings Account (HSA); Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Founded in 2012 by Chef Josh Katt, Kitchfix is a Chicago-based company that specializes in providing superfoods with super standards to help busy people live the healthiest possible lives. We create ready-to-eat, delicious, chef-crafted meals made with nutrient dense, locally sourced, organic, gluten free, and dairy free superfoods.
Kitchfix is committed to building a standard of eating for everyday people to reduce stress through food with anti-inflammatory benefits and cleaner ingredient lines.