Required Years of Experience
This is an hourly position that requires availability during business hours, which includes weekends and nights, for an average of five days per week. Primary job function is to clean and wash dishes for guest service and support the kitchen overall cleanliness.
Half Acre is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Able to do dishes and help keep the dish area clean and well organized
- Able to find solutions in stressful situations
- Clean up station at the end of each night, wiping down all the equipment
- Completes opening and closing procedures for individual work station
- Keep a positive and professional approach with coworkers.
- Has a professional approach to learning our daily operations
- Help organize all food storage areas including the walk in and dry storage areas
- Help with prep projects, putting away orders and organizing food storage
- Follows cleanliness and sanitation guidelines for city and state regulations
- Follows company COVID protocols
- Place clean dishes in proper storage areas.
- Reports to work on time and with ample physical and mental energy to perform job duties
- Represents Half Acre’s culture and avoids situations and behaviors that are not reflective of company values in the workplace and out in the world
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of own work station
- Sweep and scrub all areas of the dish station
- Take out all garbage and break down all boxes
- Works well both independently and within a team
- Understands the value of systems and enjoys being empowered and held accountable
Required Skills / Abilities
- Candidate must hold proper certification (City of Chicago) which can be obtained once hired
- Can work needed hours of operations
- Demonstrates cleanliness in compliance with health and safety regulations for food service
- Demonstrates good communication skills
- Develops relationships built on trust
- Listens actively and empathetically to the views of others
- Treats others with respect
- Able to lift 40 lbs and maneuver cases of food
- Able to work an average of 8 hours on your feet in a fast-paced environment
Compensation: Hourly ($15.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bar / Lounge, Casual Dining, Upscale Casual
Half Acre is a Chicago beer company invested in each end of the brewing spectrum; time-honored classics and experimental, sensory expanding releases.
We have two brewery spaces, the original on Lincoln Avenue and our expanded facility on Balmoral.
Balmoral is our main brewery and has our expanded outdoor beer garden.