Required Years of Experience
We are currently seeking individuals with a passion for the service industry and who like to work with a team. Ideal candidates pride themselves on going above and beyond expectations and possess a strong work ethic. Attention to detail and positive attitude are an absolute must, as well as the ability and willingness to work independently. Candidates must have weekend availability.
This is a full-time position with benefits, including medical and dental insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance and a Simple IRA.
1. Assist with unloading and storing deliveries.
2. Gather all dirty dishware from tubs brought to the dish room, rinse and stack in dish racks while always clearing dishes of leftovers and trash in order to protect the sink and drains.
3. Manually scrub sheet trays, bins and all other kitchen equipment. Inspect for cleanliness and put away items in the appropriate locations.
4. Maintain cleanliness and order in the dish area by sweeping, mopping, emptying trash and rinsing garbage cans, cleaning the sink, wiping counters and equipment and organizing shelves.
6. Perform other cleaning and organizational duties as assigned and support other team members as needed.
Required Education, Experience and Expectations
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. One year of food service work preferred
3. ServSafe certification
4. Strong problem solving and communication skills
5. Exceptional time management skills
6. Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 40 pounds
7. Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures and COVID sanitation protocols.
8. Strong work ethic
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume. Applicants who do not supply a cover letter and resume will not be considered for this position.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Salads / Sandwiches / Soups, Desserts, Vegan / Vegetarian, American, Coffee / Tea, French, Farm To Table
Bakery / Patisserie, Cafe
The word "hewn" is a way to connect the past with the future. Everything at Hewn is made in-house, from scratch daily. We source our grains from local, organic farms, and all of our breads are hand-mixed, hand-shaped and naturally fermented without commercial yeast. We appreciate our partnerships with local farmers, and we enjoy creating new items using heritage flours.
Regardless of experience, every new baker hired at Hewn goes through our extensive training program. Each staff person is provided with opportunities for professional growth. We have a wonderful team of people who share our commitment to making the best possible products.
Hewn has been recognized in the New York Times, Chicago Magazine, the Chicago Tribune, Saveur magazine and many other local and national publications for our commitment to making naturally fermented artisan breads and pastries. We are a part of Evanston's burgeoning food and drink scene, and we appreciate being in a diverse community.