Required Years of Experience
We are looking for a dedicated, organized dishwasher who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast paced culinary environment. The Dishwasher’s duties include washing soiled plates and flatware in a high temp dish machine, restocking items, cleaning appliances and machines, empty and clean trash receptacles, and other duties, as needed such as mopping and assisting with cleaning areas in the entire restaurant.
To be successful as a Dishwasher, you should be a committed, communicative team player with excellent time management skills. You should be able to prioritize tasks in a busy setting and adhere to all food safety regulations and procedures.
- Wash glassware, pots, pans, silverware and plates, among other utensils/objects.
- Understand and know how to use a dish machine
- Know how to use a three compartment sink
- Know how to properly use and distinguish different cleaning chemicals
- Work at a fast and efficient pace
- Take direction from the line cooks and kitchen manager
- Be able to deep clean above and below all surfaces
- Be able to organize efficiently
- Know how to handle sharp objects
- Have good time management skills
- Sweep and mop well
- Work well with other staff in a high volume work environment
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning,
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 30 pounds frequently.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- At least 16 years old.
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently.
- Ability to work late evening hours.and weekends
- Ability to work consistent schedule.
WHY THIS IS A CAREER & NOT JUST A JOB
- Benefit Packages (Medical, Dental and Vision) with employer subsidy
- Competitive Pay and 401K + Match
- Paid Time Off (salary), Paid Sick Leave, and Paid Maternity
- Monthly Food + Beverage Perks at all of our establishments
- Quarterly Bonus Program (salary)
Visit our Group Page: www.thefifty50group.com
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Casual Dining, Upscale Casual
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
90th Meridian is a restaurant from the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group.
We are now open at 231 South LaSalle just across the street from the Federal Reserve and the Chicago Board of Trade.
We will be open from 11am to 7pm on Monday - Friday. We hope to become a busy lunch and happy hour destination. We will be closed on the weekends except for private events.
The culinary team will be directed by Chef/Partner Nate Henssler who also oversees Portsmith. CDC Miles Schaefer. Patrick Wingert, another long time veteran of the Fifty/50 RG will be the general manager and new comer to our group, Nick Cary.
You may apply online or by emailing [email protected]