Required Years of Experience
A Prep Cook will be responsible for following the directions of the chef and sous chef, adhering to recipes and prep lists. Prep times per recipe are closely monitored to ensure efficiency of operations. All prep cooks will be given an opportunity to develop new skills and have the opportunity to be work towards being a line cook.
- Ability to read and follow prep lists and recipes
- Basic knife skills.
- Have good knowledge of stock and sauce prepation.
- Must be able to work in a busy work environment while maintaining strict sanitation standards.
- Communicate ordering and prep needs to those who manage outside of the shift.
- Maintain walk-in and cooler organization.
- Be able to adapt to changes in the daily and seasonal pace of service.
- Provide back up cooking support for the Back of House staff during busy services
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning,
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- At least 18 years old.
- Have a minimum of 1 year kitchen experience
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently.
- Ability to work early morning hours.
- Ability to work consistent schedule at least 4 days per week.
WHYTHIS IS A CAREER & NOT JUST A JOB
- Benefit Packages (Medical, Dental and Vision) with employer subsidy
- Competitive Pay and 401K + Match
- Paid Time Off (salary), Paid Sick Leave, and Paid Maternity
- Monthly Food + Beverage Perks at all of our establishments
- Quarterly Bonus Program (salary)
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Casual Dining, Upscale Casual
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
90th Meridian is a restaurant from the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group.
We are now open at 231 South LaSalle just across the street from the Federal Reserve and the Chicago Board of Trade.
We will be open from 11am to 7pm on Monday - Friday. We hope to become a busy lunch and happy hour destination. We will be closed on the weekends except for private events.
The culinary team will be directed by Chef/Partner Nate Henssler who also oversees Portsmith. CDC Miles Schaefer. Patrick Wingert, another long time veteran of the Fifty/50 RG will be the general manager and new comer to our group, Nick Cary.
You may apply online or by emailing [email protected]