Required Years of Experience
ABA is hiring PREP COOKS for our KITCHEN team!
1-2 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You'll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Responsible for the preparation and production of readying foods, garnishes and condiments to be used on the line or for service.
- Prepare food items and ingredients needed for menu items according to prescribed recipes and/or special requests
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment, including knives
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow all prescribed portioning controls and par levels
- Maintain food safety and quality standards
- Ability to read a thermometer correctly and efficiently
- Communicate any food delays or issues to Coordinator
- Accurately account for all items coming out of the kitchen
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
Please see ad for details
Other jobs you might be interested in
Event Catering, Banquet Hall, Restaurant Group, Casual Dining, Upscale Casual
Aba is a restaurant with a rooftop patio located in Chicago's historic Fulton Market District. This is Chef CJ Jacobson’s second restaurant with Lettuce Entertain You, and is an extension of Ēma (mother in Hebrew) in River North. Aba, meaning father in Hebrew, will incorporate Ēma’s style of cooking with a larger influence of steak, raw and chilled seafood. The beverage program is crafted by Wine Director Ryan Arnold and Mixologist Liz Pearce and showcases Mediterranean-inspired rare wines and spirits.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify.