Required Years of Experience
Silver Apricot in the West Village is seeking an experienced captain to lead a small but energetic dining room.
The role requires a self-starter who is able to, at times, work the dining room solo. There is opportunity for professional development and is a great position for someone who wants to learn more about higher level restaurant operations. You will be surrounded by a team of fine dining alumni from institutions like Eleven Madison Park, Per Se, and wd~50.
Silver Apricot is a New-American-Chinese restaurant led by Simone Tong and Emmeline Zhao featuring Chinese-inspired dishes using local ingredients and a domestic wine and beer list led. It has been critically acclaimed by The New York Times, Eater, Gothamist, and others.
- Minimum 3 years experience in front of house
- Comprehensive knowledge of ingredients and wine/beer
- Ability to execute at high volume and works efficiently
- Is professional and punctual
- Has attention to detail
- Is a team player and communicates well with both BOH and FOH
- Is a self-starter who can work without constant directives
- Is able to run a dining room solo and with a small team
- Experience in a leadership role is a plus but not required
- Be the face of Silver Apricot in the dining room
- Set up and work the dining room during daily service
- Maintain dining room cleanliness, tidiness, and complete side work
- Collaborate with management on service and process
- Lead, train and mentor new team members
- Create and maintain systems that streamline process
- Jump in to assist other team members as necessary
Health care and transportation benefits are offered. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Chinese, New American
Upscale Casual, Wine Bar
Part of Restaurants by Chef Simone Tong
A New-American-Chinese restaurant featuring Chinese-inspired dishes using local ingredients and a domestic wine and beer list. Led by alumni of wd~50, Eleven Madison Park, and Per Se.