Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
Silver Apricot in the West Village is seeking an experienced captain to lead a small but energetic dining room.
The role requires a self-starter who is able to, at times, work the dining room solo. There is opportunity for professional development and is a great position for someone who wants to learn more about higher level restaurant operations. You will be surrounded by a team of fine dining alumni from institutions like Eleven Madison Park, Per Se, and wd~50.
Silver Apricot is a New-American-Chinese restaurant led by Simone Tong and Emmeline Zhao featuring Chinese-inspired dishes using local ingredients and a domestic wine and beer list led. It has been critically acclaimed by The New York Times, Eater, Gothamist, and others.
- Minimum 3 years experience in front of house
- Comprehensive knowledge of ingredients and wine/beer
- Ability to execute at high volume and works efficiently
- Is professional and punctual
- Has attention to detail
- Is a team player and communicates well with both BOH and FOH
- Is a self-starter who can work without constant directives
- Is able to run a dining room solo and with a small team
- Experience in a leadership role is a plus but not required
- Be the face of Silver Apricot in the dining room
- Set up and work the dining room during daily service
- Maintain dining room cleanliness, tidiness, and complete side work
- Collaborate with management on service and process
- Lead, train and mentor new team members
- Create and maintain systems that streamline process
- Jump in to assist other team members as necessary
Health care and transportation benefits are offered. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Chinese, New American
Upscale Casual, Wine Bar
Part of Restaurants by Chef Simone Tong
A New-American-Chinese restaurant featuring Chinese-inspired dishes using local ingredients and a domestic wine and beer list. Led by alumni of wd~50, Eleven Madison Park, and Per Se.