Required Years of Experience
Silver Apricot in the West Village is seeking an experienced sous chef to lead a small but ambitious team of cooks.
Silver Apricot is a New-American-Chinese restaurant led by Simone Tong and Emmeline Zhao featuring Chinese-inspired dishes using local ingredients and a domestic wine and beer list led. It has been critically acclaimed by The New York Times, Eater, Gothamist, and others.
- Minimum 1 year experience in kitchen management
- Basic knowledge of food and labor costs
- Experience in fish and meat butchery
- Experience in high-volume, rapid service
- Is professional, punctual, and level-headed
- Has attention to detail
- Is a team player and communicates well with both BOH and FOH
- Works efficiently, sanitarily, and can write and follow recipes clearly
- Has knowledge or interest in Chinese flavors and techniques
- Place daily product orders
- Take and track inventory
- Collaborate with head chef on menu items
- Trains and mentor new team members
- Collaborate between both FOH and BOH on service
- Create and maintain systems that streamline process
- Lead kitchen team during and outside of service
- Jump in as a jack-of-all trades as necessary
Health care and transportation benefits are offered. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Chinese, New American
Upscale Casual, Wine Bar
Part of Restaurants by Chef Simone Tong
A New-American-Chinese restaurant featuring Chinese-inspired dishes using local ingredients and a domestic wine and beer list. Led by alumni of wd~50, Eleven Madison Park, and Per Se.