Required Years of Experience
Gluten Free Baker
Sakara Life is a rapidly growing organic meal delivery company headquartered in NYC, with production facilities in Long Island City and Los Angeles. Our organic meal delivery program is based on the science behind a whole-food, plant-rich diet. Each meal is nutritionally designed to contain the optimal amount of plant-based protein, hydrating fresh produce and nutrient-dense superfoods to help balance, restore and heal the body, so our clients can look and feel their absolute best.
We are currently seeking passionate, positive and hardworking team players to join our Culinary team. We are a performance-based culture and reward hard work and exceptional results with competitive compensation and opportunities for growth.
- Baking prep tasks including but not limited to:
- Work with our Executive Chef to set the baking plan for the week against production deadlines
- Execute all baking related vegetable and fruit preparation
- Weigh, mix, and flawlessly bake all of our baked goods including: breads, pancakes, muffins, and more
- Read and prepare recipes on industrial scale equipment at very high volumes
- Collaborate with, train, and oversee the prep work of other production associates to assist with any baking tasks
- Maintain an organized and food safe work area at all times
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to work weekends, holiday and overtime as required
- At least 1-2 years of baking experience at high volumes, gluten free or plate-based preferred.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced warehouse and kitchen environment with strict daily deadlines
- Knowledge in food safety policies including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Exposure to refrigerated or freezer space for extended periods of time
- Excellent attention to detail and care for food quality
- Excellent "can-do" attitude, strong work ethic, and great team spirit
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 49 pounds
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and work in environments with extreme temperature fluctuations
- Schedule 6am - 2:30pm
What you get:
- Competitive hourly wages
- Benefits: Health (90% covered for individual), Dental + Vision (100% covered for individual)
- Paid Sick leave and Vacation
- Family Meals
- Excellent opportunity for advancement at a growing company
Sakara Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Compensation: Hourly ($18.00 - $22.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Sakara Life
Sakara Life is a rapidly growing organic meal delivery company. Our organic meal delivery program is based on the science behind a whole-food, plant-rich diet. Each meal is
nutritionally designed to contain the optimal amount of plant-based protein, hydrating fresh produce and nutrient-dense superfoods to help balance, restore and heal the body, so our
clients can look and feel their absolute best.