Required Years of Experience
About Verve Wine +Provisions
Verve Wine is bringing you their first restaurant - Verve Wine +Provisions – located in the heart of Lincoln Park and we are looking for great people to bring the restaurant to life! Verve Wine +Provisions is a wine-friendly, ingredient focused menu, led by Chef Ryan Epp who has experience at restaurants such as Roister and Per Se.
Dishwashers play an integral part in the day-to-day operations of the restaurant and will participate in the opening. They will be part of the heart of the restaurant, maintain cleanliness to the highest standard, working side by side with fellow BOH staff, all while upholding Verve Wine +Provisions’ culture.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of foodservice and storage facilities
- Maintaining all service ware (plates/silver) including the cleaning and polishing of service items
- Maintaining and cleaning kitchen smallware (pots/pans/misc.)
- Assisting the kitchen team with small projects and side work, time permitting
- Goods receipt and storage
- Facilitating organizational practices and extremely high standards of cleanliness
- Opening and Closing duties such as organization, emptying trash and ensuring your workstation is clean at all times
- Provide a great guest experience through value-for-time service
- Ensure company policies, procedures and brand standards are always followed
- Follow Health & Safety and Food Safety standards
The Ideal Candidate
Is a team player that leads by example, is proactive, innovative, and has an entrepreneurial spirit. Has experience with restaurant openings and building foundations from the ground up. A true Hospitalitarian that naturally delivers warmth, grace, and a memorable feeling to every person they encounter. Lastly, this person is committed to exceeding personal standards of growth and performance for themselves, and their team.
- 1+ years of Dishwasher experience
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50+ pounds
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule per the needs of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree, Certification in Hospitality, or relevant experience gained from time on the job
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Pre-Tax Transit Benefits
- Employee Discounts on awesome food & wine
- Industry leading PTO offerings
- An opportunity to grow, and further your career with the team!
Verve Wine +Provisions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Food Safety Knowledge
Safety Procedures Knowledge
Cleaning / Sanitation