Required Years of Experience
Lazy Bear is currently looking for Prep Cooks for a new early morning to mid-afternoon shift. We are interested in people with passion, integrity, and attention to detail.
- Significant cooking experience
- Great attitudes, dedication to cleanliness, strong organization, loyalty, and a team mentality.
- California Food Handler Certification
- References from a previous manager/chef
- Intake and putting away deliveries
- Light butchering/fabrication of proteins
- Setting up the kitchen and its stations
- Prepping mise en place and making kits for recipes
- Making stocks and sauce bases
- Detailed veg prep and groundwork for larger preservation projects
- Pickles, charcuterie, jams, jellies, and other preserves
- Maintaining a clean, organized and sanitary work environment at all times
About Lazy Bear
Lazy Bear is a fine dining restaurant in the style of a dinner party. At each of two seatings per evening, we host 40–42 diners at two communal tables facing an open kitchen. We currently hold two Michelin Stars, are on Eater’s Essential 38 for San Francisco, and are in the San Francisco Chronicle’s Top 100 Restaurants.
- Competitive pay based on experience ($19/hour-$22/hour).
- Subsidized health, vision, dental, upon hire.
- Retirement savings offering 401K matching employer contributions up to 4% of salary
- Generous time off and maternity/paternity leave policies.
- Priority reservations and employee discounts on dining.
Interested? Please respond with your résumé and references to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!
Compensation: Hourly ($19.00 - $22.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k, Dining Discounts
We think that the best dining experiences are the ones in which we’re seated around a table sharing food and stories with others. Lazy Bear started as a dinner party in 2009, and now in our permanent location, it is still a dinner party. We hope it’s the best dinner party you’ve ever attended.
Our food is modern American, in the sense that we try to serve flavors that are intrinsically delicious and familiar to our American palates, in a format that calls to mind those great American shared eating experiences that we love. It’s communal and social, but the food and drinks are refined.
We are interested in people with passion and integrity, and the desire to not only help us achieve a high level of cuisine but to push the level of our creativity, experimentation, and standards on a daily basis.