Required Years of Experience
Alexander's Steakhouse, a modern fine dining steakhouse located in the SoMa district of San Francisco, is seeking full time and part time Food Runners to round out our professional, dedicated team. Here at Alexander’s Steakhouse, we offer a fine dining interpretation of a Modern American Steakhouse with hints of Japanese influences throughout our menu. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service as well as our meticulously curated beef program with emphasis on highlighting small farms from the Us, Australia, and Japan. Featuring classic cuts such as Ribeye, Bone-In New York and Filet Mignon, to sustainable seafood, composed small plates and the largest variety of Wagyu Steak in the U.S. (we currently feature 11 types of Wagyu from 10 different prefectures). We also highlight dry-aged steaks and offer the finest and most luxurious products available including two tasting menus and an award-winning wine list.
What We Are Looking For:
We are seeking passionate and self-motivated professionals to join our close-knit team at Alexander’s Steakhouse. The Food Runners role in our restaurant helps assist waitstaff with bringing food from the kitchen to guests' tables. It takes skill and organization to be an effective food runner.
Ideal candidates are passionate about food and wine, organized and detail-oriented, with open availability and an eagerness to learn! This is the entry level position for most service staff and food runners have the potential to move up in the restaurant. We are seeking someone who wants to take the next step in their career and wants to be part of what we are building. We believe in team work and you should as well.
• Running food
• Being a team player and promoting quality service
• Being detailed oriented and deliver clear communication to the kitchen and the customers.
• Maintain, stock and clean work station
• Experience working in a fast paced restaurant
• Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
• Food Handlers Card required
• Must be available to work nights
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Compensation: Based on Experience
• Medical, dental, vision and accident insurance.
• Dining discount of 25%.
• Free house meal and beverages.
• Career development and training opportunities.
• Flexible scheduling – full and part time.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips