Required Years of Experience
Chef/owner Stephanie Izard is seeking dishwashers that want to gain experience in a fast-paced atmosphere. We are searching for hard-working individuals with a great attitude who are enthusiastic to learn!
Position Summary: Wash and clean tableware, pots, pans, and cooking equipment. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans using dishwasher or by hand
· Keep dishwasher clean and immediately report any functional or mechanical problems to management
· Monitor dishwasher water temperature and cleaning solution levels
· Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils
· Place clean dishes, utensils and cooking equipment in storage areas
· Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated areas, maintain cleanliness of trash bins
· Sweep or scrub floors
· Stock supplies such as food or utensils
· Clean food preparation and production areas as required
· Receive and store supplies
· Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas.
· Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
· Take guests’ allergies with the utmost seriousness and comply with Allergy Protocol set by restaurant
· Comply with all safety and sanitation (including handwashing) guidelines and procedures
· Complete daily opening & closing “side work” assigned by management.
· Attend all scheduled meetings and offer suggestions for improvement.
· Fill-in in when needed to ensure guest service standards.
· Boka Restaurant Group operates on a seven day per week schedule, consistent and reliable attendance is mandatory.
· Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Safely and effectively use all necessary tools and equipment
· Stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, Comfort Food, Tapas / Small Plates
2 Employee RecommendationsSee Details
Part of Boka Restaurant Group
Girl & the Goat opened in summer of 2010 with the goal of serving a family style menu of tasty, bold flavored foods with global influence in a fun and lively setting that makes our guests feel at home from the moment they walk in the door. To enhance the experience we offer a selection of wines from around the world with a focus on small producers, a rotating list of craft beers with a celebration of local Chicago breweries and a list of fun cocktails created by our bartenders. The menus are extensive and have a little something for everyone, and our staff if happy to help create the perfect dining experience for every guest that joins them.
Located at 809 W Randolph, Girl & the Goat was one of the first establishments in the Randolph Restaurant Corridor. We offer a variety of seating choices, including a comfortable lounge, bar seats, standard table seating, and four seats close enough to the kitchen line that you might be asked to help. Girl & the Goat accepts reservations but always welcomes walk-ins, nomads, adventurers, and those of you who don’t like to plan.
Girl & the Goat is open 7 days a week, because The Goat is a tireless beast, and besides, who needs rest anyway?