Required Years of Experience
Uchiko is accepting resumes for Server Assistants! In this role, you will support service on every level and help create memorable guest experiences. We will teach you everything you need to know to be successful and will develop you into an excellent Server as quickly as your potential allows!
Who we are: Hai Hospitality is an exciting, multi-concept, emerging restaurant group based in Austin, Texas. Our award-winning restaurant concepts include Uchi, Uchiko, and Loro in Austin, Texas; Uchi Houston; Uchi and Uchiba in Dallas; Uchi in Denver, and Uchi in Miami. James Beard Award winning Chef, Tyson Cole, celebrates traditional Japanese cuisine and blends the creative expression of some of the Nation's most talented culinary voices.
What you'll do in this role:
- Acquaint yourself with our menu, current specials, and Japanese cuisine
- We'll provide all the info you need to succeed!
- Learn about beer, wine, and sake through peer-led beverage training
- Be present and active on the floor, assisting with running side work
- Bus and reset tables, polish glassware, stock supplies
- Assist servers with all aspects of service to enhance the guest experience
- Deliver food to our guests and explain each dish
- Receive, organize, and deliver curbside orders to guests waiting outside
What we're looking for in an SA candidate:
- Passion for food and beverage
- Teamwork, humility, and collaboration
- Positive attitude, solution-oriented
- Self-motivated and self-aware
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Takes initiative and has a sense of urgency
- Communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Embraces feedback and wants to constantly improve
- Commitment to continuous learning and sharing
- Good sense of humor
Why you'll love working with us:
- Supportive, collaborative teams who share your passion for hospitality
- Fun, creative work environment that challenges you daily
- Lucrative compensation package (this is a well-tipped position)
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Accident insurance options available
- Employee Assistance Program with mental health services available
- Wine / Beer / Sake purchase program at wholesale prices and wine of the month club
- Continuing education reimbursement – sommelier, cicerone, sake professional
- Opportunity to grow -- we promote from within almost exclusively
- Knife reimbursement program and knife sharpening opportunities
- Unique and inclusive specials tasting process
- Cultural Ambassador trips to other stores to learn and teach
- Daily family meal provided for all employees
- Dining Discounts and monthly dining stipends
- Referral bonuses and incentives for being a great teammate
The Hai experience: It’s about hospitality and giving back. Our teams take pride in their work ethic, their craft, and their creativity. Feel proud of where you work, help create an experience for our guests, and work with other cool, passionate people.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual
Part of Hai Hospitality
Uchi redefined, this “child of Uchi” opened in 2010 in Austin with the same warm and welcoming atmosphere as the original. Derived from Uchi’s innovative menu, Uchiko’s mix of composed dishes and sushi is accented with noteworthy flavor additions to round out the dining experience.