Required Years of Experience
Highly acclaimed San Francisco restaurant seeks an experienced and dedicated operations manager. Located in the historic neighborhood of Jackson Square, we run three unique operations, a flagship 3-MIchellin Stars restaurant, a casual beloved neighborhood restaurant and a top-class organic wine and food concept. All unified in a commitment to exemplary hospitality, creativity, and a desire to innovate and continually reinvent. QPA, is a Values-Driven company that is committed to creating rewarding experiences for our employees with opportunities for growth and advancement.
As a valued member of our team, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
- 401 K
- Commuter tax deferred benefits
- Employee discount at our QPA family of restaurants (currently suspended)
- Relais & Chateaux discount at participating hotels and restaurants
- Sponsorship of continuing education classes and professional training opportunities in food and beverage
- Paid family meals provided
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Cotogna General Manager. Perform assigned responsibilities necessary for the timely service of our guests, advance the education and performance of the Front of the House staff, and contribute to the profitable function of Cotogna. Your sphere of control and responsibility will include directing the sustained success, growth, and overall asset management of the restaurant as measured by total revenue and net income in relation to budgeted goals and owner's objectives.
ESSENTIAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage FOH staff to uphold Cotogna’s service standards and ensure utmost guest satisfaction
- Perform opening and closing responsibilities
- Oversee and monitor staff breaks
- Assist in running the door and managing reservations
- Develop and cultivate relationships with regular guests & new guests
- Manage communications as they relate to reservation policies, cancellation, and procedures
- Assist with development and training of all FOH staff
- Daily POS management & programming
- Provide ongoing support to employees by providing feedback, establishing performance expectations & conducting performance reviews
- Property and facilities management
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of food handling, safety, and other restaurant guidelines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous restaurant experience required;
- At least 3 years of management experience in a similar concept
- Successful completion of corporate training program required.
- Ability to traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly and safely
- Prolonged periods of time walking and standing up.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at time
- Able to comply with all health and safety standards
The company reserves the right to reasign employees to any other business unit within the company, as well as to revise and change job duties as the need arises.
I , _____________________ have read and understand the physical requirements of this position and agree that I am able to perform or meet these duties and responsibilities with or without an accommodation. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Food Safety Knowledge
OpenTable or other
Staff Management of 20
Staff education / motivation
Part of Chef Michael Tusk
Cotogna is a celebration of rustic Italian cuisine and offers a daily-changing menu of spit-roasted or grilled meats and fish, wood-oven pizzas and house-made pastas.
Located in San Francisco's historic Jackson Square, Cotogna ('quince' in Italian) is a casual, lively venue and a compliment to the adjoining Quince Restaurant, Chef Michael Tusk’s celebrated fine dining establishment.