Required Years of Experience
SUMMARY of ROLE
Attends to and greets guests, takes food orders at the front counter, delivers orders to guest tables, maintain dining room cleanliness, and prepares to-go orders for pickup.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or for other reasons.
· Accurately ring up food and beverage items and process payments.
· Understand and attend to the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions.
· Follow each step of service as outlined by management.
· Understand and respond appropriately to questions about the restaurant and menu.
· Effectively and positively communicate with other members of the team.
· Report for shift punctually, wearing the correct uniform.
· Monitor the quality and presentation of dishes ensuring everything served measures up to the venue’s and management’s standard.
· Attend to the required standard of hygiene and cleanliness set forth by management and ownership before, during and in wind-down procedures.
· Greet guests hospitably; with a warm and sincere smile.
· Use tact and good judgement when dealing with guest challenges and respond to guest needs with patience and politeness.
· Profit Sharing / Bonus program for every employee of the business
· Employee Discounts
· Casual and very entrepreneurial environment
· Full/Part-Time Flexible Schedules
· The ability to learn and individually grow with a well-funded and experienced team
· Be a part of growing the business to a multi-unit enterprise. We are growing and need help to do so.
· Upward mobility – as we grow we will need leaders across the company.
Tempesta Market is a modern-day intersection of creatively and intensely curated ingredients, dishes and talent. An authentic Italian family business for decades in Chicago, whose roots are deep in the curing of a wide variety of meats using multi-generational family recipes used in most dishes served. Our business is a family business and we treat everyone on board as such – family.
To grow our business while consistently delivering unique, fresh and incredible meals to an audience of guests who have/will come to love and appreciate us for not cutting corners, nor sparing any expense to do so.
Must have and be able to do the following:
· At least 18 years of age.
· A high school education or equivalent.
· Have basic math skills.
· A valid food safety certification.
Compensation: Very competitive – Hourly or salary (depending on the role and individual experience)
Customer service, has fun, great attitude, common sense, a sense of humor and willingness to lead and learn simultaneously.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Salads / Sandwiches / Soups, Breakfast / Brunch
Fast Casual, Food Purveyor, Cheese Store, Retailer, Retail Deli, Specialty Grocer