Required Years of Experience
We are looking for an experienced Line Cook to join this well established, high-performing back of house kitchen team. We are focussed on finding a cook that has worked in a restaurant of a similar calibre as Altro Paradiso - please apply if you are proactive, team orientated and hard-working.
Overview of role
A Line Cook prepares and cooks food in their designated area of the kitchen, assisting the rest of the Back of House team to produce quality food that upholds the culture and reputation of the restaurant.
You will report to the CDC of Altro Paradiso.
**This person could be a Junior Sous Chef (depending on experience).
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a team to ensure that all tasks are completed in order of priority, and in the allotted time frame
- Ensuring that all staff have a safe and pleasant work environment at all times
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Ensuring that all food that they produce is equal to or above the minimum set standards
- Ensuring astute portion control, wastage control and adhering to par levels in their department
- Maintaining superior personal hygiene practice at all times
- Has an attitude of continuous improvement; contributes new ways to create efficiencies or work more effectively either individually or as a team member
- Adheres to new COVID-19 sanitary guidelines
- Communicates any food or people related issues to the Sous Chef or Chef De Cuisine in a timely manner
- Has a positive, professional attitude; always on time and focused on the job they need to do
- Open to feedback to help improve and learn new skills
Compensation: Hourly ($18.00 - $25.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Professional Training and Development - Food Classes, Language Classes
Advanced Knife Handling
Staff education / motivation
Up to 200 covers a night
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Matter House
Located on a bright downtown corner, Altro Paradiso serves chef-owner Ignacio Mattos' light, satisfying takes on Italian cuisine: a beloved fennel salad with provolone cheese, arancini dipped in Calabrian chili oil, and house-made candele cacio e pepe, to name but a few classics. Though Altro frequently ranks among the best places to eat in New York City, it's a pretty laid-back place that tends to attract quite a few regulars from the neighborhood.
At the moment, we are serving guests exclusively on our patio, which looks out onto Hudson Square. We’re also providing delivery and takeaway services, including a weekly To-Go Box filled with pastas, pantry items, sweets, and other dishes to enjoy at home.