Required Years of Experience
A Sous Chef at Le Jardinier will be responsible for maintaining the excellent quality, service standards and guest experience implicit in Le Jardinier product offerings and to maintain the atmosphere and environment necessary to produce this amazing experience.
You will support the Chef de Cuisine the entire team by organizing, planning and directing activities in all aspects of the kitchen and back of house, and will assist in creating menus using a variety cooking techniques and ingredients.
You are also responsible for managing and assisting in preparing mis-en-place for all stations, expediting service, as well as, scheduling, ordering and labor/cost control analysis.
What you will do:
- Responsible for following the recipes, methods of food preparation, plating, and in some cases service of all menu items per Le Jardinier standards.
- Work cleanly, efficiently, and with respect for quality ingredients and careful attention to preparation.
- Perform maintenance and cleaning of the kitchen equipment as needed.
- Ensure the cleanliness of equipment and work stations at the end of shift.
- Motivate our teams with excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills;
- Work with top quality ingredients, learn new culinary techniques, and hone your management skills
- 3 years of fine dining culinary experience and 1 year of Management experience are required;
- A Culinary Degree is preferred.
- Food Handlers Safety Certificate Preferred
- Advanced product knowledge and interest in and familiarity with local or unique ingredients;
- Cleanliness, organization, and the ability to work well in a team situation are crucial to this position.
- Applicants must possess a strong dedication toward learning and continuous improvement.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Must to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30 pounds, as well as work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
We seek individuals who pursue this career as a passion and a profession.
The job description isn’t meant to be complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do.
Bastion Hospitality LLC –is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Bastion Hospitality, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of The Bastion Collection
Rooted in classic French technique, Chefs Alain Verzeroli has created a menu where plants play a prominent role: Local, seasonal fruits and vegetables, fresh herbs, and greens are complemented by wild and sustainable fish, meat, and poultry.
Le Jardinier's modern, light-filled space and lush outdoor dining area are meant to evoke a fun, tropical garden in the heart of The Miami Design District.