Required Years of Experience
About Verve Wine + Provisions
Verve Wine is bringing you our first restaurant - Verve Wine + Provisions – located in the heart of Lincoln Park and we are looking for a Sommelier to bring the restaurant to life! The restaurant is a wine-friendly, ingredient focused menu, led by Chef Ryan Epp who has experience at restaurants such as Roister and Per Se.
The Sommelier will participate in the opening of the restaurant, uphold Verve Wine + Provisions’ culture and contribute in supporting the Beverage Team to ensure excellent service and hospitality.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Recommending wine to guests based on price, personal taste and food selection
- Focusing on wine service in service, set up, break down, daily and weekly procedures
- Maintaining self-knowledge of Verve Wine + Provisions’ wine menus to educate FOH teams and guests
- Inspecting all incoming wine orders and invoices for accuracy. Ensure no product is damaged or incorrect.
- Controlling inventory for restaurant operation supplies
- Collaborating with retail on new wines
- Updating the wine list daily for service
- Ensuring that the FOH teams are completely trained and knowledgeable in all aspects of wine service
- Promoting continuing education to the existing staff, and plan opportunities for continued education
- Actively cultivate and maintain strong, caring relationships with guests, vendors, staff, and neighboring businesses.
- Step in for supervisor/floor manager duties when needed
The Ideal Candidate
Is a team player that leads by example, is proactive, innovative, and has an entrepreneurial spirit. Has experience with restaurant openings and building foundations from the ground up. A true Hospitalitarian that naturally delivers warmth, grace, and a memorable feeling to every person they touch. Lastly, this person is committed to exceeding personal standards of growth and performance for themselves, and their team.
- At least 3+ years of sommelier experience
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50+ pounds
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule per the needs of the business
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Pre-Tax Transit Benefits
- Employee Discounts on awesome food & wine
- Industry leading PTO offerings
- An opportunity to grow, and further your career with the team!
Verve Wine +Provisions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings