Required Years of Experience
**White Dog in Glen Mills will be opening Sept 7th and will begin training on August 31st.
This is a BRAND NEW RESTAURANT! **
SERVER POSITION AT WHITE DOG CAFE - GLEN MILLS
What makes White Dog Café special and a great place to work?!
Cuz’ we give a damn!
We are part of Fearless Restaurant Group; a multi-concept group of 10 independent restaurants based in Philadelphia, PA and Long Beach Island, NJ. As a company, we are defined by our talent, teamwork, resources, opportunity and a workplace built on loyalty and respect. We're a creative, ambitious business with an aggressive growth strategy and require like-minded leaders to join us as we move forward.
White Dog Café opened its first location in 1983 under the helm of pioneer and social activist Judy Wicks. For 35 years it has been supporting our local farmers, cheese mongers, fisherman, brewers, artisans and bakers. In 2009, Marty Grims bought White Dog Cafe to continue the legacy, adding culinary inspiration and service commitment. Since 2009, we have opened an additional 2 concepts in Wayne, PA and Haverford, PA. We are committed to enriching our local communities and economies!
A White Dog Café Server will be an expert at welcoming our guests into our home with warmth, enthusiasm, and grace in this fast-paced, multi-faceted, neighborhood cafe. This candidate will have a desire to continue to learn and grow within our organization.
The ideal server candidate is positive, responsible, hands-on and a team player that has strong communication skills and can handle multiple tasks in a friendly manner with grace and composure.
- Be happy and constantly smiling!
- Welcome our guests with a friendly demeanor into our home
- Demonstrate competency in all steps of service
- Have a desire to build knowledge of classic cookery, wine, beer, and cocktails
- Maintain accurate knowledge on all menu items and beverage program
- Derive pleasure from providing genuine hospitality
- Demonstrate proper professional decorum
- Be able to commit 4 shift minimum per week
- Average $75-100 lunch shift, $150-200 brunch shift, $200-250 dinner shift
- Medical/dental insurance for full-time employees
- Philadelphia Sports Club Corporate Gym Membership $24/month
- Employee Dining Benefit Program at all 9 Fearless Restaurant locations
- Opportunities for career growth with White Dog Café and other Fearless Restaurants
- 401 K with Vanguard
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k, Dining Discounts, Health/dental insurance, short-term disability, 401k, MAJOR vacation perks, Employee Dining Program @ Fearless Restaurants, Field Trips!
Classic Food / Wine Service
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food / Beverage Pairing
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Farm To Table
Upscale Casual, Restaurant Group, Cafe
Part of Fearless Restaurants
Known for award-winning contemporary American Cuisine and friendly service with three neighborhood locations in Philadelphia and the Main Line. Since 1983, White Dog Cafe has provided local, seasonal food that is sustainably raised to our surrounding neighborhoods and communities. White Doge Café will soon open its fourth location in Brinton Lakes Shopping Center in Glen Mills, PA!