Required Years of Experience
It has been Quest’s employees who have been the cornerstone of our growth. Quality people, quality food, and quality clients are our recipe for success. Led by our vision to create the most enduring relationships in the industry by what we do and how we do it; with integrity, responsiveness, accountability, respect and excellence.
Cook prepares and presents menu items during service of the cafeteria to Quest standards. Follows preparation list for items needed for execution of menus and assist in the day to day operations of the kitchen. Duties may include bulk preparation, catering prep, product receiving and cleaning. Assists customers and maintains line in a consistent and professional manner.
- Prepare food as assigned and per directions, production sheets, standardized recipes, and time schedule.
- Accurately assemble and present menu items.
- Follow Quest, local, State and Federal guidelines for the proper handling of food products.
- Assist in the overall sanitation of the line and product kitchen. Work with other members of the kitchen as a team.
- Maintain open and effective communication with others.
- Prepare all items to standardized recipes according to each specific event’s needs as outlined on the menu.
- Communicate to supervisor product shortages, ordering needs and maintenance issues to maintain the level of day to day business.
- Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a prep cook
- Food Handler certification
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic as well as to understand measurements and conversions
- Ability to follow recipes
- Comfortable and pleasant demeanor in very busy environments
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
Quick Service, Cafe, Food Service
Quest Food Management Services was founded in 1985 in Lombard, Illinois, with the goal of providing fresh, made from scratch food and intensely personal service. Today, we have grown to over $55M in annual revenue through our partnerships with over 78 accounts in the Midwest. We serve business & industry, higher education, conference centers and the K-12 segment. We have a depth of experience in facility and equipment design and construction, offer a wealth of expertise in nutrition, marketing, food safety and sanitation, staff management and community building.
In 2019, Quest was ranked #33 in Food Management Magazine's Top 50 food management companies in the United States, up one spots from 2018, and rated as one of the fastest growing companies in our industry. This marks the fourth year in a row that Quest has been in the top six regarding growth rate.