Required Years of Experience
West Town Bakery is growing and looking for friendly and caring PM Bread Bakers who enjoy being around people and working in a fine dining atmosphere with an attention to detail and a passion for food. West Town Bakery is a fun, fast paced environment with fine dining standards for both the front and back of house. It’s a fun place to work and a great place to start a career too. A bread baker will be responsible for following the directions of the chef and sous chefs, adhering to recipes, walkthroughs and prep lists
- Ability to read and follow prep lists and recipes
- Basic knife skills
- Have a good knowledge of breads, creams, mousses, ice cream, petit fours and chocolate work
- Must be able to work in a station on the line while maintaining strict sanitation standards
- Communicate ordering and prep needs to those who manage outside of the shift
- Maintain walk-in and cooler organization
- Be able to adapt to changes in the daily and seasonal pace of service
- Close down the restaurant every night to the standards of the chef and deep clean on a weekly basis
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- Complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning,
- Operating the POS system, answering the phone, providing great customer service, and following Fifty/50 Restaurant Group policies & procedures
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- At least 18 years old
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years pastry cook experience
- Culinary degree not required but preferred
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently
- Active social media presence
- Ability to work evening hours
- Ability to work consistent schedule at least 4 days per week
About the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 11 restaurants with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, employee discounts, paid paternal leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees.
We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Food / Beverage Pairing
Other jobs you might be interested in
Desserts, Salads / Sandwiches / Soups, Breakfast / Brunch, American
Bakery / Patisserie, Casual Dining
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
West Town Bakery blends Chicago's urban street art and music while focusing on the techniques and flavors of the pastry scene. From our managers and chefs to our bakers and baristas, each member is instrumental in the creation of our breads, pastries, coffees and cakes, based on the principal belief that everyone should be able to have their cake and eat it too.