Required Years of Experience
Position: Prep Cook / Line Cook
Brand/Sector: BenchConnect, a sector of Compass Group North America
Job Type: Temporary/Gig
Location: Chicago, IL – please note, this includes the suburbs of Chicago
Who We Are: BenchConnect is a division of the leading food and support services organization in North America, Compass Group. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. We strive for the highest quality results, while treating our associates, suppliers, and the local communities we engage in with respect. BENCH connects proven hospitality professionals with interim roles for special events, catering gigs, as well as on-demand day of opportunities within our own internal network of top-grade operations. We strive to match our operators with the strongest performance-ready team members available, while providing talented hospitality professionals the opportunity to come off the bench and work where they want, when they want!
Who You Are: Fun and enthusiastic gig seeker who has a love for customer service. We are looking for talented individuals that have prior experience working in a Porter position for a food service operation.
- Follow all safety procedures when transporting dishes and utensils from the front of the house to the kitchen area using trays, bus tubs, or carts.
- Clean cooking stations and equipment to expedite a smooth flow of service while maintaining all sanitations standards. Wash dishes, glasses, and pots as needed.
- Scrape/rinse food from dirty dishes and wash them by hand or place them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine depending on assigned equipment.
- Keep display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service as assigned and in compliance with all safety and sanitation standards
- Assist in receiving heavy deliveries from dock and transporting to assigned storage areas observing all safe lifting standards.
- Perform other functions and duties as assigned.
- To set up a time to speak with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, visit the following link to schedule your virtual interview - https://lnkd.in/gdeqXkf
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Working smartphone and data plan (iPhone5 / Samsung5 or higher)
- 18 years or older
- Eligible to work in the US
- COVID Training and Personal Protective Equipment (such as gloves and masks) will be provided.
- Health screenings and temperature checks must be passed prior to each shift.
Compensation: Hourly ($15.00 - $27.00)
Benefits & Perks: Flexible Scheduling
Other jobs you might be interested in
Food Service, Event Catering, Event, Corporate Catering
Part of BenchConnect
Bench connects proven hospitality professionals with interim roles for entry level culinary support, special events as well as for catering gigs within our Compass Group network of top-grade operators.
We strive to match our Compass Group operators with the strongest performance-ready team available while providing talented hospitality professionals the opportunity to come off the bench and work where they want when they want.
BENCH is backed by Compass Group, NAD, the country’s leading food and support services company. Our family of great companies builds experiences for all of our customers, including award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more.