The Lead Barista has a proven ability to provide quality customer service and demonstrates knowledge of coffee products, equipment and menu. The café supervisor works closely with the Manager to ensure the on-time production of beverages and menu items. This position helps to support daily production while at the same time being a professional role model to our employees. The ideal candidate possesses effective communication skills to ensure the successful daily operation of the café. Lead baristas are instrumental in building customer relationships and fostering a positive and friendly store environment. They also provide technical guidance to new team members and assist in the training program.
Minimum 2 years experience as a café supervisor or lead barista
Minimum 1 Year supervisor/ managerial experience
Smoothie and Juice experience a must
Inventory experience preferred
1) Provides a warm greeting to all customers and exemplifies exceptional customer service which includes customizing the guest experience and anticipating their needs;
2) Preparing and serving a variety of drinks such as espresso, specialty lattes, tea and smoothies;
3) Works with management to complete food inventories and ordering;
4) Keeps equipment in good condition by following proper operating instructions, cleaning procedures, and routine preventative maintenance tasks;
5) Maintain inventories by replenishing all food items and retail;
6) Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following company standards and sanitation regulations;
7) Complies with all health and safety codes, and follows procedures to safeguard proper compliance (this includes cleaning logs, temperature logs, and corrective sanitation documentation);
8) Assists with stewarding as needed to maintain café cleanliness, including items such as floor and wall cleaning, all beverage equipment and storage/cooler cleaning;
9) Handles point-of-sale transactions and processes in accordance with established procedures including: Operating cash registers, accepting cash and credit card payments and register cash drops;
10) Works to resolve customer feedback and communicate complaints to management;
11) Works to maintain a learning environment that encourages employees to ask questions and shows respect for fellow team members;
12) Works in a café environment which requires essential job functions including: standing in a stationary position or moving through the café for the duration of your working shift, completing repetitive manual tasks such as cutting and dish washing, lifting items up to 20 pounds to a height of 4 feet, and exposure to extreme temperature variations due to hot cooking and dishwashing equipment and cold storage areas;
13) Participates in staff meetings, and other meetings as needed;
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Paid Time Off, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Bakery / Patisserie, Casual Dining, Quick Service, Fast Casual, Cafe, Restaurant Group, Markets, Wine Store, Specialty Grocer, Retail Deli, Coffee Purveyor, Retailer, Cheese Store
The Oaks Gourmet was established in 2009 with the idea that a small, neighborhood market could serve high quality, delicious food and beverages at a fair price.
Our friendly, informative staff are always on hand to attend to all your needs, while maintaining that local hometown feel. Our emphasis on service, and selection, such as our evolving line of craft beers, boutique wines, small batch liquors, artisanal cheeses and fresh-roasted coffees, have all come together to create a unique experience that sets us apart.
We have a commitment to excellence and service and we are eager to track down hard-to-find items upon request.