Culinary Director needed to help reopen a long standing popular restaurant/market in Hollywood. Being a neighborhood favorite, it will be existing menu in the beginning and the new chef will be able to play with the rest of the menu, with a collaborative voice from ownership.
This is a hands on position for a chef that has a strong grasp on administrative duties (ordering, staffing, inventory, scheduling etc) and be proactive in managing food and labor costs. This is a very exciting time for this restaurant as the community is very excited and looking forward to the reopening!
Executive Chef Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing pre-opening timeline and critical path
- Menu development and recipe costing
- Ensuring that all food meets the highest standards of quality and consistency
- Hiring and training of culinary team members
- Maintaining proper ordering and inventory
- Ensuring best practices for safety and sanitation in the kitchen
- Keeping track of new trends in the industry
Executive Chef Preferred Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position (Senior Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef, CDC)
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Creative, innovative thinking
- New restaurant opening experience
- Exceptional standards for cleanliness, health, and safety
- Experience in managing inventory and cost controls
- Flexible schedule, including weekends, and on holidays
Please respond to this email with a cover letter, resume, and examples of recipe cost sheets and inventories. Initial interviews will conducted on Zoom.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Paid Time Off, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Dough Making / Portioning
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Bakery / Patisserie, Casual Dining, Quick Service, Fast Casual, Cafe, Restaurant Group, Markets, Wine Store, Specialty Grocer, Retail Deli, Coffee Purveyor, Retailer, Cheese Store
The Oaks Gourmet was established in 2009 with the idea that a small, neighborhood market could serve high quality, delicious food and beverages at a fair price.
Our friendly, informative staff are always on hand to attend to all your needs, while maintaining that local hometown feel. Our emphasis on service, and selection, such as our evolving line of craft beers, boutique wines, small batch liquors, artisanal cheeses and fresh-roasted coffees, have all come together to create a unique experience that sets us apart.
We have a commitment to excellence and service and we are eager to track down hard-to-find items upon request.