For those with a deep passion for old-world wines & champagne +credentials to back it up (level 2+).
The Sommelier / Professional Server at VENETO is an experienced and confident customer service-oriented team player, who understands standards of world class service and hospitality, and who thrives in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. The Sommelier / Professional Server will be willing and excited to personally serve guests, in addition to serving as sommelier and FOH leader. You will work closely with the Wine Director, Front of House team, and owners in providing superior service to all guests. This person will be the ultimate example in providing VENETO-style service, leading by example for all other service team members. Be prepared to talk to us about your knowledge and experience with old-world wines and champagne.
BENEFITS You Receive as A Valued Member of Our Team:
- Paid basic health insurance
- Paid time off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Dining discount and complimentary daily family meals
- Monthly bonus based on personal sales
- Annual bonus incentive
- Member of a professional, award winning, and supportive team, where you are celebrated and valued
- Proprietary training and development opportunities
- Paid annual education trip to Italy
QUALIFICATIONS You Bring to the Table:
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity: doing the right things always, using sound judgement, even when no one is looking.
- Excellence: doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done.
- Hospitality: doing all that can be done, and more than is expected, in thoughtful ways that let people know you care.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: seeing opportunities others haven’t, and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first.
- Wine Knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge of wines and wine service
- Food & Wine Pairings
- Regional Expertise – Italy
- Understanding of Viticulture & Winemaking
- Wine Sales Proficiency
- Ability to assist with organizing wine cellar, counting monthly inventory and staff wine training
- Old-world wines
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of dining room service
- Basic Floor Service
- General knowledge of food preparation methods and culinary terminology
- An appetite for providing exceptional, memorable hospitality
- Excellent emotional self-awareness, with a clear understanding of guest and staff boundaries
- Ability to stay calm, professional, and solve problems when under pressure
- Gracious and pleasant demeanor with a positive attitude
REQUIREMENTS of The Job:
- Provide impeccable / invisible service to our guests on a nightly basis, exemplifying the VENETO-style.
- Ability to work well on a team and receptive to feedback and coaching.
- Preferably 2-3 years previous experience at a fine dining restaurant with similar service, guest relations and operational standards.
- Valid Food Handler and Sips & Tips / Ability to Lift 40+ lbs.
- Ability to multi-task with obsessive attention to details.
- Professional appearance / grooming standards appropriate for a premier fine dining restaurant.
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and training high caliber FOH team members.
- Level 2+ Sommelier
- Learn, embody, and proudly provide the VENETO-style of service
- for hospitality professionals who desire a healthy environment to learn and grow.
- focused on the finer details of fine dining.
- committed to surprising and delighting guests with our individual pride and warmth.
- unapologetically, authentic Italian (cuisine and customs) for guests and team — we are a non-tipping restaurant, paying professional team members professional wages with bonus opportunities tied to personal performance.
- a destination for unparalleled wine experiences.
- proud to offer our unique VENETO-style of hospitality.
bonus, basic health coverage, travel, discount, family meals
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Regional Expertise - Italy
Fine Dining, Wine Bar, Upscale Casual
The casual elegance of VENETO offers an experience that brings to life the history, culture, and traditions of the northeastern region of Italy. It's a warm, enlightening setting that leaves bodies, minds, and spirits nourished through quality, handmade cuisine.
Every dish is handmade using the freshest and highest quality ingredients; from local purveyors, premier US producers, and direct from Italy to Utah.
The year-round menu offers traditional dishes from the region of Veneto, and a new seasonal menu is offered each month. The dining experience offers unparalleled table-side wine service, with over 300 labels of wine