Founded in 1997, Cooper’s Meat Market is a family run meat market, specialty shop and steakhouse. At Cooper’s Meat Market and Steakhouse, you can pick up a fresh cut of CAB beef, a prepared casserole, party tray or have a meal at the restaurant. Cooper’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Butcher attends to the meat preparation needs of our guest. Reports to the head butcher.
- Cleans, cuts, weighs, packages and labels meat.
- Provides outstanding customer service: assists guests in selecting products and shares knowledge of preparation and cooking techniques
- Stocks counter neatly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean, organized and sanitary station according to Department of Health standards
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 5+ year of experience working with meat, preferably in a high-volume retail environment
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, management and guests
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule sometimes including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Physically able to exert up to 60 pounds of force occasionally and up to 30 pounds of force frequently
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to work with knives, grinders, meat slicers, hand tools and utensils
Advanced Knife Handling
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards