Renowned, multi-concept, James Beard Award winning STARR Restaurants has begun the arduous process of rebuilding our company in the global pandemic driven "new normal" of consumer dining. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we recently reopened our restaurants in accordance with the CDC and city regulations. The welfare of our community has always been, and continues to be, our highest priority, and we have taken the time to implement new operational standards to keep our guests and team members safe and healthy.
The next phase of our reopening process is to rebuild our teams from the top down with talented culinary firepower that can continue our prior momentum of amazing success in NYC and presently we are seeking skilled Sous Chef for several of our properties.
- Supervising between 2 and 20 kitchen staff employees to ensure preparation for service of all stations; coordinating all activities concerning food preparation, kitchen, and storage areas.
Build the Business
- Participating in recipe and menu development and maintaining the in-house core recipe files.
- Maintaining high standards in all areas of security, safety, cleanliness, and sanitation; ensuring that all Health Department regulations are enforced on a daily basis.
Build the Team
- Creating and managing staff employee work schedules, establishing, and delegating work duties for employees with appropriate coverage of all kitchen area.
- Developing a cohesive team by assisting the Executive Chef in the recruiting, hiring, training, and performance management of the culinary team.
- Conducting proper pre-meals and other educational seminars with front of the house employees.
- Assist subordinate team as required during high volume times (approx. 10%)
Drive for Results
- Verifying that quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures are maintained by kitchen employees.
- Purchasing food items and managing inventory of various products for the operation.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive kitchen management experience
- Ability to manage all stations from prep to service
- Experience hiring, training and mentoring a diverse hourly staff.
- Excellent meat/fish butchery skills and know all properties of making stocks & sauces
- Ability to drive performance success.
- A minimum of an associate's degree from a culinary focused university highly preferred
Very competitive compensation package, full benefits, 2 weeks paid vac., 401k, and much much more!
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bar / Lounge, Fine Dining, Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual
Part of STARR Restaurants
STARR Restaurants is a group of unique restaurants with a proven commitment to excellence in the NYC Manhattan area.
We look forward to your application!