Next of Kin Restaurant is an Evanston neighborhood restaurant serving artfully American cuisine. The Next of Kin Restaurant Manager responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective restaurant operations
- Filters communication to the staff as directed by the Restaurant's General Manager
- Manages both FOH and BOH
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events; continues to keep restaurant operating to standard and sets a positive example for the staff
- Sets the standard for service expectations by inspecting every aspect of the guest's experience from start to finish
- Ability to act with a customer comes first attitude and delivers customer service that meets or exceeds customer expectations customer needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Achieves and maintains a clean and sanitary environment
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of policies and procedures, proper use of forms, payroll procedures, reports, and employee file maintenance
- Handles on new hire orientation and onboarding
- Manages employee clock in / out times and makes edits and updates when necessary
- Willing to learn; able to lead
1. College degree or equivalent experience
2. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Spanish is a plus.
Experience / Background:
1. 3 years in a full service restaurant concept
2. Experience managing both FOH and BOH
1. Ability to do each of the hourly FOH employees job functions
2. Ability to communicate well and maintain positive interpersonal relations with co-workers and guests
3. Ability to bend, lift and carry trays, cases or bins of ice weighing up to 45 pounds
4. Ability to use all equipment in the restaurant
5. Ability to remain standing for extended periods
6. Ability to remain flexible, to accommodate special and unplanned situations
Medical, Dental, Vision Ins + Paid Vacation and Sick Time
Other jobs you might be interested in
Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual, Fine Dining
Part of L3 Hospitality Group
Kinship is a place to gather & enjoy.
We cook from the hearth and make things with our hands, combining ingredients you can pronounce into dishes you can’t resist. Our rustic flavor combinations are artfully considered but easy to enjoy. Whether you crave wood-stone fired vegetables, herb roasted rotisserie chicken, or a crisp seasonal salad, we’re here to make it happen. We believe food should be fun and make you happy – we serve honey butter fries & eclairs for a reason ya know.
Come with family, bring a date, invite 40 friends or treat yo’self solo. Kinship is a place to gather and enjoy good food, good drink, and good company.
L3 Hospitality Group Resaurant