POSITION SUMMARY: BIÂN is looking for experienced, courteous and motivated individuals to join our team as one of our baristas. Our baristas will provide exceptional coffee experiences while maintaining a professional, kind and enthusiastic demeanor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Including, but not limited to the following:
- Maintain a warm, positive disposition as well as a clean, professional image.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the preparation of all coffee and tea offerings.
- Have strong communication and listening skills, engaging with guests around our offerings, answering questions and accommodating any dietary restrictions.
- Maintain efficiency, calm and equanimity with a sense of urgency throughout the shift.
- Having a mindful awareness of one's body language and tone of voice while engaging with guests.
- Have a flexible schedule inclusive of nights and weekends.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy work environment.
- Must be outgoing, personable and enjoy providing customer service.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously with composure, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to self-motivate, working independently without requiring supervision.
- Previous coffee or barista experience required.
- Must be able to lift items as heavy as 40 pounds and stand for eight hours.
Please respond with a resume and cover letter expressing why you might like to join our team!
Other jobs you might be interested in
Salads / Sandwiches / Soups, Breakfast / Brunch, Vegan / Vegetarian, Sushi
Part of BIÂN
BIÂN is a private members’ club built on the foundation of holistic health and social well-being. We are pioneers in bringing these elements together with the highest of standards and integrity – right here, in Chicago.
Anchored by a partnership with acclaimed Boka Restaurant Group, the food program at BIÂN is designed with intention, is ambitious in its sourcing, and contains broad offerings for all three meal periods. Lee Wolen, Michelin starred Chef of both Boka & Somerset, has curated a menu based on healthy food that is still craveable. Dishes like whole roasted sweet potato with black beans, avocado, and fire roasted salsa, are at once Whole 30 compliant and seemingly indulgent. This is perfectly symmetrical with the menu’s mission statement: “Creating the best tasting food, that still aligns with members health initiatives.” Breakfast will be served all day, as well as a selection of snacks, salads and sandwiches, customizable bowls, sides, and multiple dinner offerings. Tuesday thru Saturday, BIÂN will also offer sushi at lunch and dinner with fish sourced directly from Tsukiji Market in Japan, consulted by Momotaro Chef Gene Kato.