- Baking of Breads
- Baking of Pastrys (breakfast and petite pastries)
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare all breads for service
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions.
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food.
- Stock inventory appropriately.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen.
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by the restaurant.
Direct Supervisor: Chef de Cuisine and Executive Chef
Experience in a creative, talented and demanding fine dining restaurant
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Dough Making / Portioning
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
American, Farm To Table
Gravitas is a uniquely American restaurant by Chef Matt Baker, taking you to places remembered and anew. Sourcing our products from local farms and waters, Gravitas highlights the abundant resources of the Chesapeake and surrounding areas. Every week we will create a unique comprised of a mix of Vegetarian, Seafood and Meat dishes; allowing guests to create their own Tasting Menu. Each menu will feature dishes comprised of the very best seasonal offerings of the field and market.