The Alinea Group is looking for a Business Development & Operations Manager to join our team. This is a position with The Alinea Group’s Business Operations (BizOps) department tasked with expanding The Alinea Group’s businesses, improving daily operations and leading the BizOps team. The team focuses on analyzing, managing and monitoring revenue, table utilization, labor, marketing, new business opportunities, procurement, cost of goods sold, and other high impact items related to the financial performance at the restaurants.
The variety of projects requires this position to work collaboratively with Chef Grant Achatz, Nick Kokonas, COO & CFO, and all departments including Business Information, Human Resources, Business Operations, Guest Relations. The work managed by the Business Development & Operations Manager impacts the decision making of the restaurant managers, chefs, and ownership. The role requires an advanced Google Sheet / Excel skill level, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and the ability to manage a project from initial hypothesis to implementation.
- Competitive salary
- Company paid medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with up to 4% match
- Ventra transit benefit
- Employee dining discount
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Experience managing a team and a team oriented attitude
- Five or more years experience in a consulting, banking or strategic analysis roles.
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets experience.
- Supervisory or management experience.
- Strong interest in restaurants, fine dining service, cooking, beverage, or other hospitality sectors.
- Exemplary attention to detail in regards to financial analysis and accounting related items.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Ability to mentor and coach team members.
- Ability to manage a team and delegate tasks appropriately.
- Professionalism and confidentiality of sensitive information including revenue, payroll, business development plans and other financial matters.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to maintain courteous and cooperative behavior with restaurant managers, employees, and business team members.
- Ability to successfully work with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Prior management experience.
- Prior formalized analytical training.
- Prior experience troubleshooting large batches of data.
- Interest or experience in restaurant service, restaurant operations or cooking.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the implementation of unique projects with the Director of Business Operations involving complex analysis. Projects may include but are not limited to: new business evaluation & implementation, system utilization, resource selection, process improvement of current systems.
- Understand and analyze our business systems in order to streamline, improve, and evolve the current standards.
- Maintains advanced level knowledge of:
- Google Products (Sheets, Analytics, Data Studio, etc)
- Microsoft Office (Excel & Powerpoint)
- Other (Quickbooks, Expensify, Mekko Graphics, Salesforce, Bevager, Paylocity & Tock)
- Actively participates in the reporting and the analysis of the following:
- Analyze & maintain reporting dashboards
- Respond to manager emails and project requests
- Identify improvements for the restaurants
- Mentor and coach team members
- Review dashboards and report weekly summaries to management teams
- Update the senior leadership team on the status of new projects & initiatives
- Review monthly P&L statements for each restaurant to look for areas of improvement or areas in which we need to recognize achievement
- Attend bi-weekly restaurant meetings between business team and restaurant managers to discuss performance and opportunities for the business team to help out with
- Measure success and progress of annual goals for The Alinea Group
- Review seating templates for each restaurant and ensure Tock is up-to-date with reservation inventory
- Assist in quarterly review and clean-up of accounting system
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Business Operations
The Alinea Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, age, veteran status, life experiences and ideas. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and strive to provide an inclusive culture that embraces diversity.
Must be eligible to legally work in the United States. We use E-Verify.