Otaku Ramen is gearing up for a very busy winter season, ad looking for a committed Sous chef to join our team.
The SC leads and manages BOH operations. ensuring proper restaurant systems and policies are followed to allow for an excellent guest experience.
This position reports directly to the Executive Chef .
True leadership is required of this role, which entails professional organizational skills, communication and foresight. All managers in The Otaku Group are lifelong learners who continue to invest time into being the best leader they can for themselves and for their team.
- Ordering, receiving and overall organization of cooler and dry storage
- Line Checks before each service
- Follow up on line level employee checklists daily
- Run preshift and discuss changes, 86’d items, or specials
- Maintain hygiene and food safety standards in all stages of food preparation, from receiving to completed dish
- Coordinate PREP to meet restaurant demand
- Daily recap of the days progress by utilizing the end of shift template
- Minimize labor costs by cutting hourly labor whenever necessary
- Ensure Key Holders are performing daily opening/closing duties according to checklists
- Ordering all food product efficiently with focus on both meeting restaurant demand and minimizing waste
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
- Work with GM and FOH management team to keep comps below 3%
- Train all incoming cooks to company standards
- Weekly Scheduling of BOH team, always posted 7 days in advance on Wednesday every week
- Manage time off requests and schedule changes
- Maintain line level labor on budget
- Track and maintain food costs according to quarterly %’s (OR BOH Weekly Cost Sheets)
- Attend weekly management meetings
- Maintain order guides and prep lists
- Monthly inventory
- Maintain equipment and report any malfunction to #repairs
Bonus plan + Health (Blue Cross of TN) + dental + vision
Casual Dining, Restaurant Group
Part of The Otaku Group
The Otaku Group was founded in 2012 when Sarah Gavigan decided to teach herself how to make Japanese Ramen and serve it to Nashville. From a pop-up to 3 brick and mortar restaurants, Otaku is a fast growing company that values pop culture, music and food as integral parts of the experience we give our guests.
The OTAKU GROUP’s mission is to serve every guest with a fun, craveable meal.
OTAKU RAMEN is the first dedicated ramen shop in Nashville with a loyal fan base that keeps us busy year around. This location rocks out lunch and dinner seven days a week.
BAR OTAKU, our newest concept is an Izakaya focused on classic Japanese soul food, sake, beer and whiskey serving dinner and late night seven days a week.
We are looking for like minded teammates. The Otaku teams are fun, energetic, and tight knit with a commitment to high standards for every dish we serve. We thrive on systems to allow for creativity.
We are the definition of “otaku”, obsessed geeks and outliers who live to serve Japanese food and culture to our guests.