1000 Figs is hiring a PM Kitchen Manager! Position starts in early August.
1000 Figs is a small restaurant in Faubourg St. John (Ponce de Leon and Esplanade Ave.) with a fresh, vegetable-forward, Middle Eastern-inspired menu. Our restaurant seeks to serve vibrant, thoughtful food with warm and delightful service. We are looking for a restaurant team that is passionate about making great food, giving excellent service, and being a part of a workplace community that is fun, supportive, and engaged.
This position requires strong communication skills, organization, and an eagerness to constantly learn and improve. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team while interacting respectfully with coworkers, managers, and customers.
Culture of 1000 Figs
- Our motto is “Always Learning and Growing,” we expect that everyone on our team is excited and willing to adapt and grow together!
- We are a pooled tip house and operate as one team that works toward a common goal of providing excellent food and hospitality. We share the responsibility of making that a reality and work to close the gap between “Front of House” and “Back of House”
- We expect that everyone works together to achieve common goals and help each other, “That’s not my job,” should not be in our vocabulary. We do what we can to help each other in every situation.
- We believe in a culture of open communication and lateral education. Everyone is encouraged to speak their minds and express their needs to both management and their peers.
Performance Expectations (Essential Functions)
- Manage Kitchen Line and Dish staff in their daily operations
- Hiring & Training
- Performance Reviews
- Coaching / development
- Disciplinary / Firing
- Control and direct the food service process and general goings-on in the kitchen, specifically on the line
- Quality Control: Make sure that dishes taste and look how they are supposed to
- Make sure that people are on task and help them prioritize what needs to get done
- Ensure that service is running smoothly and that ticket times are appropriate
- Work to facilitate healthy expeditor communication
- Communicate to a supervisor any expected gaps or needs in a timely and specific manner
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen that comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Ensure that nightly cleaning tasks are completed and performed thoroughly
- Keep outdoor spaces around the restaurant clean and organized (back area, alley, etc)
- Coordinate and schedule deep cleans at least once a month
- Implement new menu items, kitchen changes, etc.
- Remedy any problems concerning food quality, timing & general service issues that may arise
- Support Prep Production Manager in the inventorying and purchasing food and restaurant supplies
- Organize and manage produce
- Participate in necessary Restaurant Depot and Farmer’s Market runs
- Kitchen Scheduling, Specifically line cooks and dishwashers
- Accounting for and adapting to shifts in business
- Work shifts as needed
- Get shifts covered as needed
- Manage and execute Catering Orders
- Direct or execute the packaging of orders
- Deliver or coordinate the delivery or orders as needed
- Arrange for repairs of equipment when necessary
- Work with management team to:
- Work toward the vision of 1000 Figs and goals set in management meetings
- Work hard to foster the workplace community on a daily basis as well as through planning quarterly staff events
- Attend and contribute to weekly management meetings
- Identify areas of weakness in the restaurants and work to provide new ideas and solutions to address those areas
- Prepare for and perform quarterly performance reviews
- At least 2 years of experience as a kitchen manager or chef
- Strong service orientation
- Able to provide great service with enthusiasm & energy throughout scheduled shift
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Passion for excellent food and hospitality
- Excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills
- High achievement and self-discipline: gets it done, done well, and done on time
- Desire to coach, lead and mentor staff
- Excellent working references
- Strong self-motivation + desire to contribute
- Strong values of community, teamwork, and collaboration
- Timely and accurate
- Love of learning - interested in learning about food, business, people, and the restaurant trade
- Pay/Benefits: This is a full-time (50 hours/week), salaried position with benefits.
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Safety Knowledge
General knife handling
Ordering / Purchasing
Middle Eastern, Mediterranean
Casual Dining, Upscale Casual