Long Beach's first winery is looking for a professional Head Line Cook who can help prepare meals as per our standard recipes. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals, and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking an individual who has experience in the foodservice industry and is committed to impeccable food trends and service, which is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business. This position is great for someone looking to move into an executive chef one day as it will also entail:
- Assist in menu development
- Working closely with farms
- Understanding of menu cost and pricing.
- Prepare basic components of each dish on our menu using our proven recipes
- Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas, and all food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning standards
- Assist with leading a team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by the winery
Experience in these areas is not a must but learning these skills is.
Other jobs you might be interested in
French, Californian, Italian
Wine Bar, Casual Dining, Winery