Sofia opened in January of 2019 in the heart of the Warehouse District. In its first year of outstanding success Sofia received multiple awards including Restaurant of the Year and Best new Restaurant New Orleans. It features Italian inspired cuisine with a wood fired oven, handmade pastas, and distinctive flavors designed around family style dining and sharing. The kitchen is led by Executive Chef – Talia Diele. We are seeking a General Manager to help support and develop this outstanding team.
The General Manager is responsible for the total and complete operations of the restaurant. This includes maintaining a profitable business, hiring and training of management and staff, daily execution of all expectations, maintaining standards of service and food quality, as well as establishing and developing the culture of Sofia. As the principle leader he or she must be responsible for all aspects whether on or off the premises.
We are seeking individuals who possess the following attributes:
- Unwavering desire to provide the highest quality product in an atmosphere of unwavering customer service.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in a comparable position.
- Experience in ordering, purveyor selection, inventory management, and system implementation.
- Assist with training and leading staff to uphold standards.
- Ability to think on one’s feet in a high volume faced paced environment.
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and to resolve conflicts under high pressure.
- Willing to learn, be flexible, and contribute in an evolving concept.
- Plays well with others – teamwork and contributing to the greater good are what make us who we are.
- HIGHLY competitive compensation DOE.
- Health Insurance
- Bonus Program
- Growth and development within a rapidly expanding restaurant group.
Bonus, Unlimited Time Off, Healthcare,
Basic Floor Service
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Other jobs you might be interested in
Sofia, named in part after Sofia Loren, is an upscale modern approach to Italian food. Sofia brings seasonal from scratch flavors to the New Orleans dining scene. High energy, attention to detail, and unwavering commitment to excellence is what will defines our team. The team is be led by Executive Chef - Talia Diele and General Manager - Peter Gordon. After winning numerous awards in their first year, including Best New Restaurant 2019, and Restaurant of the Year 2019, Sofia is continuing to grow and exceed expectations.